3050 East 92nd Street
Responsible for the education and general development of the children enrolled in the Agency’s Early Childhood Program. Implement the curriculum in accordance with Head Start standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors each child’s well-being and safety;
- Implements the curriculum that is being used by the program with fidelity;
- Plans lesson plans based on the curriculum in collaboration with the teacher assistant;
- Completes required paperwork on a daily basis, including lesson plans, child observations, home visit reports and parent/teacher conference reports and implementation of developmental and social and emotional screenings;
- Communicates with parents, other staff members and children on a daily basis;
- Maintains a high level of professionalism while adhering to city, state and federal regulations outlining the Head Start program;
- Acquires all necessary signatures of parents and/or guardians for events/activities needing their permission;
- Provides active supervision to ensure the safety of Head Start children while in the classroom, during transitions, and while on the playground. Ensures that no child shall be left alone or unsupervised;
- Other duties as they apply to program goals.
Minimum Education Required