Details: Dependent on experience
600 South Lafayette Park Place
Reports to: Director of Talent
The Talent and Credential Manager, under the supervision of the Director of Talent, supports the hiring process and talent management of teachers in the organization. The Talent and Credential Manager will play an integral part in proactively sourcing, cultivating, tracking, screening, and ensuring a high quality experience for all candidates in the Bright Star Schools teacher pipeline. The position will be primarily responsible for coordinating full-cycle recruitment and hiring efforts for teacher roles as well as supporting other instructional recruitment and hiring efforts (e.g. credential analysis and tracking).
Bright Star Schools is a free, publicly funded and open enrollment non-profit organization with seven public charters in urban Los Angeles. Across all of our Bright Star sites, over 90% of our students are eligible for free and reduced lunch.
Our mission is to provide holistic, inclusive support for all students to achieve academic excellence and grow their unique talents so that they find joy in higher education, career, and life. Bright Star students will become leaders who act with integrity and champion equity to enrich our communities and the world. The framework to our success is our core operating principles, which are Integridad, Ubuntu, Kohyang (고향), and Growth.
Bright Star Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads developing and tracking of our teacher candidate pipeline
- Source teacher candidates to provide a robust pipeline for teacher openings
- Outreach and cultivate passive and active teacher candidates
- Build (source) and maintain (update regularly) pipeline with quality and accuracy
- Utilize outside the box recruiting techniques to source candidates through the use of the internet, social media, and in-person speaking opportunities
- Efficiently track teacher candidate movement within the hiring process
- Communicate professionally and effectively with potential and current teacher applicants through phone, e-mail, and in-person
- Support with our internal teacher referral campaign, which may include planning and executing events
- Source, schedule, and execute classroom presentations at select universities
- Attend teacher job fairs
- Update and maintain job descriptions
- Manage all job postings and job boards
- Collaborate with a fast-paced, goal-driven team to develop strategies, policies, processes and tools that are sustainable and replicable to support and facilitate the recruitment and hiring of qualified candidates
- Ensure the day to day recruitment needs such as, but not limited to: the posting of open positions, scheduling interviews, attending job fairs, corresponding with candidates, screening and sending resumes, etc.
- Conduct application screens
- Execute the process of a candidate moving from application through the second round of the hiring process
- Conduct teacher candidate interviews in first and second rounds of hiring process for teacher candidates, instructional assistants, and other instruction based roles
- Lead IA selection process execution and conduct IA candidate phone interviews
- Conduct reference checks and verifications of employment
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS and TRACKING
- Review and analyze documentation on current employee and new hire credentials
- Evaluate employment transcripts, education units, credentials, and other records to asses certificated applicant’s eligibility and placement; review and execute conversion process for out-of-state credentials
- Collect supporting documents (exams, official transcripts, letters, evaluations, payments, etc.) for CTC and LACOE applications
- Maintain HRIS system of employee credentials and SEID numbers; audit HRIS to ensure that records are accurate and current Frequent communication with employee and administrators regarding any deficits they have in credentialing and planning to keep employees in compliance
- Develop and implement strategies to support Organization in ensuring compliance of certificated staff with credentialing requirements and appropriate teacher placement.
- Actively identify issues and proactively implement systems to reduce credential non-compliance; serve as content guide on credentials for the Organization.
- Manage renewal process for credentialed employees, including: drafting and delivering communications to relevant employees, receiving employee credential documentation; reviewing and assessing the validity of employee credential documentation; creating and updating employee credential records.
- Build an individualized credential plan for every incoming employee or current employee that has a deficit with their credential.
- Attend annual CTC Conference and LACOE trainings. Remain current on existing California credentialing requirements, and also remain up to date with legislative changes.
- Keep an ongoing relationship with LACOE Credential Analyst for permits and guidance
- Travel to LACOE offices as needed.
- Prioritize employee credentials based on urgency to meet deadlines and remain in compliance.
- Provide resources and support to employees with exam registrations, exam preparations resources; follow-up with employees for exam results.
- Create and manage tracking system for exams and CTC application expenses.
- Update Human Resource Department and other Organization staff as needed regarding credentialing requirements, processes, and regulations.
- Provide weekly updates to the Human Resource Department on credential and application status.
- Support Human Resources Department with LAUSD grids and credential print outs to prepare for annual audits.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of experience in K-12 public education (preferred)
- 2 years of experience in recruitment and hiring (preferred)
- Strong commitment to Bright Star Schools’ mission and the communities we serve
- Ability to source, select and “sell” recruits to join Bright Star Schools
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Impeccable organization skills and ability to develop organizational systems
- Ability to maintain positive relations with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to develop new processes and systems, to quickly recognize inefficiencies in current systems, and to generate sound solutions
- Ability to synthesize complex information into recommendations
- High level of personal responsibility and drive to set and meet ambitious and measurable goals
- Strong sense of integrity, high standards, and drive to achieve and grow
- Ability to travel
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: BSS salary is based on experience and education
Status: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, optional 403b plan, sick and vacation paid time off, and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our website at www.brightstarschools.org. If you have any questions, please reach out to Leslie Nguyen at LNguyen@brightstarschools.org.
Direct Online Application: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=32294&clientkey=71557366A45D2000802E75F50A1406F6