Position: Early Education Centers Site Supervisor
Status: Full-time, Exempt, with excellent benefits
Proyecto Pastoral was founded in 1986 to empower the Boyle Heights community through grassroots projects in education, leadership, and service. Proyecto is a highly effective community-based organization that focuses on building residents' leadership to create change in their community. Our initiatives include: Guadalupe Homeless Project, an emergency shelter and clothing distribution center for recently immigrated men and senior aged women; IMPACTO, a multi-faceted youth development program; Early Childhood Education Centers, focused on preparing children 18 months to 5 years old for Kindergarten; and Comunidad en Movimiento, focused on civic engagement and leadership development. Proyecto Pastoral is the backbone organization for Promesa Boyle Heights, a cradle to college/career initiative. Proyecto Pastoral serves nearly 6,000 children, youth and families.
Proyecto is seeking to hire a Site Supervisor who values high-quality early learning and development for all children; continuous program improvement, and collaboration with families, staff, colleagues, and other professionals; and diversity as an asset. Under the direction of the ECE Director, the site supervisor has responsibility for the daily oversight of center operations for two sites, namely, Centro de Alegria and La Guarderia, including assurance of compliance with minimum standards and standards established to assure a high-quality program. The main responsibility of the site supervisor is to support teaching staff in providing day-to-day quality learning experiences for young children by applying methods that promote independence, curiosity, decision making, cooperation, persistence, creativity, and problem solving in young children. The Site Supervisor will organize and conduct parent education, parent conferences; and supervises, trains and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Program Development & Management
- Knowledgeable of and able to implement Title 5 & 22 regulations and policies;
- Ensure that the centers are meeting the QSLA standards;
- Maintain a safe, healthy and positive environment for children and families;
- Manage record keeping processes such as allergy list, attendance, meal checks, CDMIS and environment safety check list.
- Analyze the DRDPTech for each classroom to assess individual student progress and then to support staff in developing strategies to address areas of growth for students;
- Develop and support parent leadership, communication, and engagement strategies.
- Support staff to know and use the California Early Childhood and Infant/Toddler (I/T) Foundations as part of their weekly lesson planning; and Curriculum Frameworks to meet I/T and Preschool Foundations.
- Support staff in learning the California ECE teacher competencies.
- Support Director in implementing staff and program evaluation
- Provide continuing staff development
- In collaboration with staff, ensure that lesson plans are aligned to the DRDP measures, the ERS measures for the environment, and daily routines are meeting the identified developmental needs of children based on the previous DRDP results and subsequent plan.
- Observe daily routines to monitor the staff child interactions as defined by CLASS, and support staff in analyzing daily observations to document progress of each child.
- Monitor progress in each classroom toward meeting their class DRDP goals including the engagement of parents.
With support from the Director:
- Complete the site level ERS Summary of Findings and DRDP-R Summary of Findings.
- Distribute, collect, and analyze Parent Surveys and compile a Parent Group Data Summary;
- Streamline the lesson plan for both centers in all classrooms. Review lesson plan to ensure activities are age appropriate.
- Serve as a mentor, supervise, support and manage the early education team regarding child development and to ensure that they work as a team, have input into planning and have opportunities for improving their professional skills;
- Provide immediate coverage for absent teaching staff when required;
- Conduct staff meetings at least once a month and meet with Lead Teachers on a monthly basis to support professional development;
- Provide regular feedback to lead teachers; and support lead teachers in performance evaluation and supervision of their teaching teams.
- Assist with the early education hiring process and make recommendations on staffing;
- Knowledgeable of, administer and comply with California state Licensing and California Department of Education, Child Development Division policies and standards.
Qualifications and Performance Competencies
- BA in Child Development or related field with a minimum of three (3) years teaching experience with young children. Experience to include one (1) year as a supervisor is desired.
- Must have completed Child Development coursework 1, 2, 3 or 4, 11 and 38; meaning they completed a minimum of 15 units in Child Development and qualifies as a supervisor under Title 22 of State of California Department of Social Services requirements.
- A Child Development Permit at the Site Supervisor level issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing is required.
- Approaches work within a social justice framework.
- Adult, Infant and Child CPR certification required.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals evaluated through ongoing and annual supervisory feedback and agreed upon professional/personal goals. Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions and to follow through on decisions made;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the profession and ability to apply that knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with both internal and external contacts;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience working with families in Boyle Heights or similar communities desired.
- Bilingual Spanish/ English preferred.
Proyecto Pastoral is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, vacation, sick days, holidays, and 401k plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.