Details: The salary will be commensurate with experience
District of Columbia
Families USA, a national nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care and improved health for all, is seeking a dynamic individual to broaden and strengthen our network of national, state and community social justice and health care leaders. The Partnerships Coordinator will be responsible for outreach and communication with community and state organizations engaged in improving health care. This position will also be responsible for engaging a diverse range of leaders working across the progressive spectrum on issues of health equity, health system transformation and consumer engagement in the Families USA network. This will include working with organizations outside the health care field that are engaged in advancing a social justice agenda. This will broaden the network of partners to include faith-based, community, and grassroots leaders. The position calls for a well-organized self-starter who will network with the hardest working state and community leaders in the nation. The Partnerships Coordinator will work with a team to expand the range of partners Families USA engages in efforts to improve health care coverage, value, and equity and provide partners with excellent assistance and resources.
- The Partnerships Coordinator reports to the Senior Director, State and National Strategic Partnerships
- The position works closely with the Director of Campaigns and Partnerships
- The position does not have any direct reports
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with local, state, and national partners and allies, including:
- Conducting regular check-ins with partners on work plates and priorities and how Families USA can help partners in their work to achieve our shared goals
- Reviewing partner agendas and content to inform Families USA’s work
- Regularly distributing Families USA content to broad networks of partner organizations, including via regular email communications to Families USA networks
- Providing individualized assistance and information to partners to help achieve shared goals, including connecting partners to expertise across Families USA’s departments
- Engage with teammates in efforts to expand the wide range of stakeholders that Families USA partners with at the local, state, and national levels to achieve goals and mission, including researching organizations with shared values and making initial and ongoing contact with them
- Expand Families USA’s efforts to engage in grassroots mobilization partnerships, strategies, and capacity-building, including assisting in the creation of content to urge grassroots action, such as email alerts and social media posts
- Manage logistics for meetings with partners that occur by phone, in-person, and via webinar, including the creation of Doodle polls and other scheduling tasks; management of conference call lines, video communication, and webinar platforms; creation of presentation slides; drafting and sending invitations for meetings and providing follow-up content for attendees, and other related tasks as needed
- Maintain accurate and user-friendly lists of Families USA’s partners for internal and external use, including managing Families USA ‘s email lists, using applicable list-management and email software
- Experience in working with political or policy organizations
- Ability to build and maintain professional, positive relationships with national, state, and community partners and other key stakeholders
- Working knowledge of health policy, such as on Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), the Affordable Care Act, private insurance, health equity, and health system transformation
- Proven success with and commitment to working with diverse groups of people (i.e., across race, social and economic status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical and mental ability, and immigration status)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, web and databases
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight time constraints
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience in a related field
- Self-starting and willing to take initiative
This position is based in the Families USA office in Washington, DC. The office is handicap accessible and ergonomically friendly. In addition, it has adequate lighting and AC/heating conditions. The Partnership Coordinator will occupy an office, desk, or cubicle in an environment that has a low level of background noise. The job will require travel approximately once a month for a period of up to five days a month.
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé online via the link below. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls, please.
Families USA offers a generous benefits package including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply to this position through our website: http://familiesusa.org/about-us/careers/state-partnerships-coordinator