Want to work with children?
Then join us an exciting and rewarding career.
We are an innovative and award winning charity that offers training,
benefits and opportunities for growth.
The Children’s Village is seeking a qualified professional for our new dynamic program in NYC. The Program Director is responsible for the professional, fiscal and daily management of the Community Center. This involves the planning, coordination development, implementation, revision and evaluation of programs, services, policies & procedures. Attention to detail of policy and procedures, meeting regulations of oversight/funders, assuring program compliance, meeting or exceeding target numbers, along with monthly budget oversight are required. The Program Director assures staff are strongly community focused/connected, trained, attentive to the needs of youth/families and service recipients are connected to community resources if not offered through the Centers programming. Oversight of the School Age Child Care (SACC) Licensing and other regulatory oversight is key to the success of the Community Center and the local community.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with major course work preferably in psychology, sociology, criminal justice, social work, public administration or related fields.
• Minimum 1 year supervisory experience supervising a Youth and/or Community-based program, required.
• Prior work in a community based program preferred.
• Knowledge and oversight of School Age Child Care (SACC) Licensing strongly preferred.
• Knowledge and oversight of New York City DYCD, NYC DOH, Cornerstone programs, etc., strongly preferred.
• CPR/First Aid Certified, preferred. Ability to train CPR/First Aid, strongly preferred.
• Hours may vary--Must be able to work 2 evenings and 1 day on weekend.
Competitive salary and benefits package. Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruiting a diverse workforce-EOE-consideration without regard to disability or protected veteran status. www.childrensvillage.org
Minimum Education Required