Details: Commensurate with experience
445 Fifth Avenue
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Development Research, the Manager of Development Research will be a key driver for a comprehensive prospect research program that supports the Library’s fundraising efforts, with an emphasis on major gifts development and capital campaign initiatives. This position helps guide the strategic direction of the Research team to align with Development goals; proactively identifies potential new donors to the Library through prospecting and data-mining projects; and prepares reports on individuals for the Development office, senior staff, and trustees, utilizing Lexis Nexis and other online information databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of direct prospect research experience
- Organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Flexibility and patience with changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, analytical, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex information into clear, well-written documents
- Facility with online services (e.g. Lexis Nexis, iWave PRO, Foundation Search, etc.), internet, and other data sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information; ability to read financial documents, including SEC documents and 990’s
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications and experience working with a relational database a necessity, preferably Raiser's Edge
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit our careers website:
The New York Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.