BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and are guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have over 45 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that assist in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. Through the hard work of over 900 employees BronxWorks makes a difference in the lives of over 60,000 individuals per year. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks seeks an experienced human resources leader with demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking and operational efficiency to serve as Human Resources Director. The Human Resources Director will report to the VP, Human Resources and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of human resources functions including employee vetting, hiring, onboarding, support, performance evaluation, employee relations, compensation, payroll, benefits, leaves, and employment law compliance. The Human Resources Director will ensure that the BronxWorks Human Resources Department effectively functions as a valuable resource to employees and partner to program managers.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Human Resources Director for the Administrative Program.
• Supervise human resources personnel including the Employee Relations Manager, Benefits & Leaves Specialist, Human Resources Specialists, and Human Resources Assistant.
• Supervise human resources functions including employee vetting, hiring, onboarding, support, performance evaluation, employee relations, compensation, payroll, benefits, leaves, and employment law compliance.
• Provide sound expert guidance to the managers of each department and program regarding key organizational and management issues.
• Continuously ensure that human resources functions are administered in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local law as well as with funding contracts, including in the areas of compensation, equal employment opportunity, job safety and health, leave and benefits, and employee relations; consult with in-house and external legal counsel as needed; provide sound expert guidance as to the resolution of personnel matters.
• Ensure the efficient and effective execution of human resources administrative processes, such as payroll, vetting of applicants for hire, changes of status, clearances, leave requests, benefits enrollment, etc., in compliance with law, policy, and processing time objectives. Continuously evaluate and improve such processes, including the documentation and communication thereof.
• Develop, maintain (updating at least annually), and effectively communicate human resources policies and procedures;
• Plan, execute, document and timely resolve investigations into employee relations matters such as employee grievances, performance concerns, or alleged misconduct;
• Ensure that the human resource information system and any related platforms meet the organization’s needs, are diligently maintained to ensure the integrity of data and accuracy of reports, and are deployed to maximum effect;
• Ensure that new employee orientation programming effectively and efficiently welcomes and prepares new employees as well as communicates BronxWorks values, expectations and critical policies;
• Ensure compliance with employee licensing, certification, clearance, and other credentialing requirements imposed by law, regulation and contract, both at and post-hire.
• Develop, measure, interpret, and regularly communicate to senior management key performance indicators targeted to evaluate the effectiveness of human resources activities.
• Conduct and report on compliance, risk, and safety audits and investigations to ensure compliance with BronxWorks’ human resources policies as well as applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensure the staffing pattern in the Human Resources department effectively serves the needs of the organization within budget.
• Manage and continuously evaluate vendor relationships, including all employee benefits providers, LMS, HRIS, and others as appropriate, including by participating in RFP processes when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential strongly preferred.
• At least 5 years of progressively more responsible positions in human resources management, preferably in a non-profit environment and at organization(s) with multiple locations and at least 500 employees.
• Experience working as a member of and/or reporting to a senior level executive team.
• HR Expertise. Experience in the principles, practices and functions of effective HR management in all SHRM categories, including without limitation: Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards (Compensation & Benefits), Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee Relations, Technology Management, and Diversity & Inclusion.
In particular, experience in Risk Management and Employment Law & Regulations, i.e., the knowledge and experience necessary to continuously assess and manage workforce risk, and to ensure compliance with, and to provide sound guidance with respect to, all relevant employment laws and regulations.
• Leadership & Navigation. The knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to navigate the organization and accomplish human resource goals, and to successfully manage the implementation and execution of human resources functions and promote the role of HR as a key partner.
• Ethical Practice. The knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to maintain high levels of personal and professional integrity, and to act as an ethical agent who promotes core values, integrity, and accountability throughout the organization.
• Relationship Management. The knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to build and maintain productive professional relationships with contacts within and outside of the organization, to work as an effective member of a team, and to manage conflict while supporting the organization.
• Communication. The knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to effectively craft and deliver concise and informative communications both oral and written, to listen to and address the concerns of others, and to transfer and translate information from one level or unit of the organization to another.
• Consultation. The knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to understand the organization’s operations, functions, and external environment, and to apply tools and analyses that inform human resources functions consistent with the overall strategic direction of the organization.
• Business Acumen. The knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to work with organizational stakeholders in evaluating and building human resources solutions that meet the changing needs of BronxWorks’ programs and service recipients.
• Critical Evaluation. The knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data, and to interpret and promote findings that evaluate human resources functions and inform business decisions and recommendations.
• Performance Management. The knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to take responsibility for one’s own and one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, providing meaningful feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
• Cultural Effectiveness. The knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties, to interact with others in a diverse workplace, and to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
• Technology Management. The knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics needed to successfully design, administer, and use existing, new and emerging technologies to support the human resources function, and to develop and implement policies and procedures governing the use of such technologies by all stakeholders. In particular, familiarity and skill with software and products including HRIS (especially ADP), benefits administration products, and Microsoft Office suite of products and other standard business technology.
• High Functioning Performance. Highly attentive to detail, organized, and self-motivated, with ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently and independently. Demonstrated ability to complete activities/projects in a timely manner, on or before scheduled deadlines, with minimal errors.
• Decision Quality. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
• This job operates in a professional office environment, with regular visits to varied social service environments, including community centers, schools, homeless shelters, senior centers, social services offices and other locations.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and smartphones.
• This is a full-time position. The position permits part-time work-from-home on a temporary basis while state regulations restrict in-person office capacity due to COVID-19. During normal circumstances, this position requires physical presence at work at least Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. In addition this position regularly requires evening hours and weekend work.
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the…
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid…
Apply for HR DIRECTOR - ADMIN - 60 EAST TREMONT using the link below:
Apply for HR DIRECTOR - ADMIN - 60 EAST TREMONT using the link below: