American Bridge 21st Century, a progressive research and communications organization, is seeking a communications professional to serve as Broadcast Media Manager. This position will work closely with the organization’s leadership and senior staff to develop and execute American Bridge 21st Century’s communications strategy for national broadcast media.
This position is currently remote, but expect to be based in American Bridge 21st Century’s Washington, DC office by January 1, 2022.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop and maintain relationships with national broadcast, digital streaming, radio and podcast bookers and producers.
• Aggressively pitch American Bridge 21st Century co-chairs, senior staff, and surrogates for broadcast appearances.
• Manage all aspects of logistics for booking and broadcast media appearances, including briefing materials, preparation, and research.
• Assist in preparing and briefing principals ahead of interviews.
• Serve as the primary contact for bookers, producers and on-air contributors.
• Assist the broader communications team in developing and executing media strategies.
Skills and qualifications:
• Have at least four years of experience in a communications capacity on a campaign or in a similar environment. Campaign experience booking principals on broadcast media is strongly preferred.
• Existing relationships with broadcast reporters, producers, and bookers is a plus.
• Proven track record of building productive relationships with members of the media.
• Have a firm grasp of today’s broadcast and social media environments.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Have a great sense of humor and creativity.
• Enjoy working closely with others of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
• Work well under pressure and on deadline.
To apply, please follow the link provided, and provide the requested information including your cover letter and resume.
American Bridge 21st Century PAC offers a competitive salary range starting at $60,000 and a strong benefits package. American Bridge 21st Century is a union employer. This position is not in the bargaining unit.
American Bridge 21st Century PAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
American Bridge 21st Century, a progressive research and communications organization, is seeking a communications professional to serve as Broadcast Media Manager. This position will work closely with the organization’s leadership…