Educational Requirements and Experience: Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Marketing, Urban Affairs, a related field or commensurate experience. At least five years of successful experience in Fair Housing preferred. Proven track record in working with Hispanic-serving organizations in the Atlanta Metropolitan area, or any geographic jurisdiction with a large Hispanic population, preferred.
Salary Range: $32,000 - $38,000
The Bilingual Outreach Specialist is responsible for all Education & Outreach and related Fair Housing marketing activities under FHIP and local jurisdictional contracts; reports directly to the Executive Director. Responsible for implementing fair housing education and outreach activities for the general public and private/public housing providers. Responsible for establishing working partnerships with Hispanic-serving organizations. Responsible for the implementation of training seminars/workshops in English and Spanish covering the rights and responsibilities outlined in federal, state and local Fair Housing laws. Responsible for disseminating fair housing information and materials in English and Spanish that have the most impact on institutional change in the dual housing market.
· Conducts Fair Housing training modules in English and Spanish for the general public, community, faith-based, civic organizations, public and private housing providers, as assigned
· Conducts education and outreach activities in Hall, Cobb, Gwinnett, DeKalb, Cherokee, Forsyth, Henry and Fulton Counties, including the City of Atlanta
· Manages and implements the agency’s Education & Outreach Marketing Plan including, but not limited to, social media and traditional marketing activities (radio, television, print, etc.) and agency website information/content
· Distributes up-to-date Fair Housing and related information (brochures, newsletters, posters, etc.) to the community-at-large, public institutions, elected officials, religious leaders, housing industry professionals, local businesses, etc.
· Writes press releases and prepares press packages; writes bilingual articles/advertisements for local Latino newspapers/other outlets as appropriate
· Works with other agencies, particularly Hispanic-serving agencies, to establish and cultivate local community resources
· Represents Metro in local events and community projects, as assigned
· Translates fair housing training materials, brochures, advertisements, etc.
· Conducts intakes when required and makes appropriate referrals
· Provides written and oral technical assistance to clients and Metro staff
· Assists Director of Enforcement with recruitment of testers
· Ensures that all education and outreach related contractual requirements are met
· Maintains accurate, up-to-date, hard copy and automated E/O files to document, track and monitor progress of contractual performance objectives
· Prepares monthly/quarterly/annual reports to meet reporting requirements of management, Board of Directors, jurisdictional contracts re: all E/O activity as required
· Assists in coordinating conferences and in-service trainings
· Represents Metro Fair Housing Services, Inc. in outside meetings and seminars as required
· Performs related assignments as required
Commitment and Abilities
· Demonstrated Commitment to Civil Rights and Fair Housing issues
· Strong knowledge of federal, state and local fair housing, fair lending and accessibility laws
· Excellent Writing and Public-Speaking Communication Skills
· Fully fluent in Spanish and English - speaking, reading and writing
· Advanced ability to translate Spanish to English and English to Spanish
· Knowledge of local housing market, real estate and mortgage lending procedures and practices
· Computer literate, hardware and software
· Ability to relate comfortably and respectfully to people of different racial, ethnic, social and economic backgrounds
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision; self starter and self motivated
· Ability to work effectively with executive level professionals
Paid federal holiday, sick and vacation days. No health insurance benefit at this time.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Ideal candidate fully fluent in Spanish and English-speaking, reading and writing.
- Advanced ability to translate Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter along with your resume. Please use "Bilingual Outreach Specialist" on the subject line of your email.
Screening Questions for this position:
- Do you have Excellent Writing and Public Speaking Communication Skills?
- Do you have ADVANCED ability to speak, read and write English and Spanish?
- Are you comfortable with inner-city driving on a regular basis?
- Do you have ADVANCED ability to translate English into Spanish and Spanish into English?
- Do you have experience in implementing a multi media marketing plan?
Educational Requirements and Experience: Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Marketing, Urban Affairs, a related field or commensurate experience.
Resume acceptance will remain open until August 8, 2018.
Metro Fair Housing Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.