Bronxworks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 34 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
The Workforce Development Department is seeking a Case Manager for its Intern and Earn Program. The Case Manager will carry a caseload of 15 active program participants, as well as follow-up with 30 past participants. They will be responsible for developing employment/educational opportunities and facilitating educational workshops. Other responsibilities include; minor travel, fieldwork, conducting assessments, worksite management, and data entry.
The Intern and Earn Program is a high-performance workforce development program is seeking a passionate team member who has experience working with Young Adults. Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree and at least one year of Job Development/Workforce experience. Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Shenelle Kuhlor-Plummer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide direct services to clients, including intake, engagement, assessment, service plan development, referral, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow-up.
- Provide general and ongoing work readiness and case management support to disconnected youth between the ages of 16-24.
- Connect participants to acceptable employment and educational outcomes.
- Address all issues related to internships, worksites and client’s barriers.
- Enter detailed worksite and participant case notes into the YEPS database.
- Conduct site visits in the field to pick up timesheets and other important documents regularly.
- Facilitate relevant workshops throughout the duration of each cohort.
- Collect outcome verifications for participants in the retention phase of the program.
- Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals.
- Maintain familiarity with program resources available on- and off-site.
- Coordinate client services with other social service, mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other providers.
- Conduct home visits and other field work, as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree with one year experience in a related position.
- Engaging personality and detailed orientated skills are essential.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork.
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents.
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation.
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
- 12 paid holidays. Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
- Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
Additionally, BronxWorks offers:
- A comprehensive monthly training calendar
- Access to some scholarship opportunities
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply for CASE MANAGER using the link below: