614 East 179th Street
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people invites applications for an Social Worker position at the Lenniger Residences, a 91 unit supportive housing program for low income and formerly homeless individuals and families located in the East Tremont section of the Bronx. The population served includes individuals with histories of substance abuse and mental illness. The program provides training in evidence based practices including Motivational Interviewing, Wellness Self-Management and Behavioral Treatment for Substance Abuse for People with Serious Mental Illness. Services provided include case management, mental health services and person centered service planning.
The Social Worker is responsible for working with an assigned group of clients to help them live full and satisfying lives in the community; helping their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements.
While the Social Worker is principally responsible for providing services directly to clients and in doing that to function with a level of autonomy that is appropriate to their professional training and experience, they are also expected to understand and support the management activities that ensure the good functioning of the team and the program as a whole. They may also be expected to provide oversight and support to their team in the absence of the Clinical Coordinator or the team leader. The Social Worker may be assigned additional responsibilities.
In this job, you will be able to work toward your LCSW by obtaining the necessary clinical practice hours and receiving supervision from a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience and Education Required:
• MSW required, LMSW preferred
• CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire
• Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply.
• Excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work effectively in a team.
• Computer literacy required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: <Gabriela.Gomez@cucs.org>
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind