220 Montgomery Street
The Annual Fund Manager will help ensure the success of Audubon California’s annual fund efforts (donors of $1 to $10,000), which include direct mail appeals (renewal, upgrades, and acquisition), email appeals, online giving, stewardship newsletters, and targeted strategies for center and sanctuaries. S/he will be an invaluable member of a small development department, with opportunity to learn and grow professionally in all aspects of development.
The right candidate will be first and foremost a strong writer and project manager, and an entrepreneurial, organized, and energetic development professional interested in conservation of California’s birds and their habitats.
- Develop and implement strategies for annual-fund donor acquisition, renewal and upgrades.
- Create and manage budget for annual fund campaigns. Track and report on results of all campaigns and segments; adjust strategies as needed.
- Update shared editorial calendar and basecamp schedule and maintain thorough cloud-based storage systems for all files.
- Produce direct mail appeals, including targeted appeals for centers and sanctuaries throughout California.
- Write articles, stories, appeals, acknowledgement letters, correspondence, and other projects as assigned.
- Manage contract printers, designer, letter shop and mail house to ensure delivery of quality products on time and budget.
- Produce donor stewardship newsletters and annual report, highlighting work of various programs, centers and sanctuaries and the impact of donor contributions.
- Select, segment and code mailing lists for both postal and email appeals.
- Provide customer service to individual donors, including fulfilling benefits in partnership with colleagues at National Audubon Society.
- With Communications Department, write, design and send online fundraising campaigns via email, web, and social media.
- Work with program staff to collect stories and photos.
- Ensure timely and accurate updates to donor records in Salesforce and EveryAction, including duplicate management, recording outgoing contacts with donors such as Annual Fund mailings and emails, and tracking campaign and donor response.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, fundraising, or related field highly preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience also considered.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in development, direct marketing, communication, membership development, or equivalent.
- Strong and persuasive writing, editing and storytelling skills and the ability to meaningfully connect Audubon's mission to people who care about it.
- Must be comfortable speaking with strangers and have a friendly demeanor that inspires donors
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience working both independently and in team-based settings.
- Solid organizational skills and history of working in fast-paced and deadline-based environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and experience with donor database management required (preferably Salesforce).
- Experience with CRM and CMS desired (preferably EveryAction and Drupal).
- Flexible work approach and the ability to act with sensitivity and discretion while handling confidential information.
- Passion for conservation and Audubon’s mission
Minimum Education Required