12225 Greenville Avenue
Program: Multicultural Legal Services
Mosaic Family Services is a non-profit agency that assists low-income immigrants who are victims of domestic violence and human trafficking. The Multicultural Legal Services Program provides representation to Mosaic clients with immigrant and family law needs, including but not limited to divorce, custody, child support, and protective orders. The Family Law staff attorney will independently manage cases and advocate for clients in court proceedings, with opposing parties, and before administrative agencies. The attorney should display competency and sensitivity in representing low income community groups with limited English proficiency.
- Graduated from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in Texas.
- Experience in Family Law or other litigation preferred, but not required.
- Experience with or training related to serving domestic violence survivors.
- Commitment to issues involving immigrants and refugees.
- Sensitivity to serving multicultural communities.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Access to transportation.
- Prior legal services, public interest, or volunteer experience servicing low-income persons, preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Interview and counsel clients.
- Represent clients in family law proceedings.
- Advocate for clients in court proceedings, mediations, and other administrative proceedings.
- Research factual and legal problems.
- Draft pleadings, briefs, and other legal documents.
- Work efficiently and independently to maintain case files.
- Participate in continuing legal education.
- Participate in community education projects.
- Work cooperatively with staff from other Mosaic departments.
- Work closely with community and low-income community groups to further Mosaic’s mission.
- Participate in community and continuing legal education programs.
- May require some travel.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in written and spoken Spanish preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Anna Rupani at email@example.com.