Details: $26.50/h - $33.75/h Full Time Hourly Non-Exempt Position. Hourly rate DOE.
ABOUT THE OAKLAND PROMISE
The Oakland Promise is working to ensure that that every Oakland child will graduate from high school with the expectation, skills and resources to complete college and be successful in the career of their choice. The Oakland Promise includes four programs: Brilliant Baby, Kindergarten to College (K2C), Future Centers, and College Scholarships and Completion, that provide a cradle to career continuum of college-focused supports for students. Our program strategies touch the lives of children and families in early childhood (ages 0-5), elementary, middle and high school; and culminate in multi-year scholarships and supports for students in college. Our goal is to triple the number of college graduates from Oakland and ensure that all students, regardless of background, hold a college-bound identity.
ABOUT THE OAKLAND PUBLIC EDUCATION FUND
The Oakland Public Education Fund is the fiscal sponsor for the Oakland Promise and the Kindergarten to College program. The Ed Fund leads the development and investment of community resources in Oakland public schools so that all students can learn, grow, and thrive. The Program Coordinator will be an employee of the Oakland Public Education Fund.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Kindergarten to College Implementation:
- Ensure that a cohort (12-15) of our K2C schools implement the program with fidelity
- Organize celebrations/ launches/workshops
- Support with additional engagement events that drive towards schools' K2C goals
- Conduct site visits to continue to cultivate relationships with K2C school-based teams
- Organize events at Oakland Promise schools
- Project plan K2C at Cal Day
- Support with quarterly K2C PD convenings
- Train school staff to facilitate K2C informational meetings with parents/students & support at CSA sign up events
- Design and implement outreach events to engage parents in K2C program
- Design, develop and help implement enrollment process for 529 accounts
Community engagement to ensure we are serving all families, equitably:
- Maintain and grow current partnerships: Centro Legal de la Raza, Self-Help & other community partners
- Grow and facilitate new, untapped relationships that could be a resource for K2C partner schools
- Create written materials relevant to K2C's general program as well as CSA program and financial education, asset building and post-secondary education
- Manage monthly newsletter: create, update and disperse to all partner schools, informing them of current K2C programming and progress towards goals
- Responsible for media outreach as needed, i.e. press releases
- Create and manage Salesforce database, ensuring all information is current, relevant and timely
- Support with K2C accountability and progress towards short-and long-term goals
- Research CSAs, college going culture, etc. as needed
- Be a team player and support with general Oakland Promise events
- Support with development of entire K2C team and act as a thought-partner to K2C PD
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep commitment to educational equity
- Strong organizational skills, excellent attention to details, and ability to manage multiple competing deadlines required
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required
- Own vehicle/transportation for travel to sites
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
- Experience creating and modifying training materials
- Experience in education, direct experiences in schools with students, families and community preferred
- Management, education policy and/or teaching experience preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY DISCLOSURE
The Oakland Public Education Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance.
- Generous Vacation & Sick Time Accrual.
- Holiday Pay
Level of Language Proficiency
- Ability to Communicate in Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We are looking for candidates with availability to start immediately, and encourage you to apply if you are interested in and qualified for the position.
TO APPLY:Send a single PDF (NOT a Microsoft Word document) of a resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com with "K2C Program Coordinator - [Your Name]" in the subject line. Please use your last name and first initial (ex: Doe_J) as the filename of your PDF containing your resume and cover letter.
Failure to follow these instructions may delay the review of your application. Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews. Unfortunately, the volume of applications will prevent us from responding to all applications received