2185 N. California Blvd, Suite 575
The Development Manager will bring substantial fundraising and program management experience to build our current program of annual and institutional giving, events and donor outreach.
Help us advance our mission to advocate for and promote wellbeing and positive aging with a demonstrated commitment to not-for-profit service. Working together, we will guide the continued growth of the Covia Foundation’s fundraising strategy, build our donor base, and drive the annual fundraising programs to meet contributed revenue goals.
We are looking for a strategic, mid-career fundraising professional with experience in creating and executing a successful development strategy. We’d love to work with someone who gets excited about our mission, who is a creative thinker with an eye for detail, and a leader who enjoys working independently and as part of a team. You will report to the Foundation Executive Director and work collaboratively throughout the 1300-staff-member Covia organization, and with our Foundation Board members, senior community residents and program participants, and community partners.
We will help you grow your career as the organization grows. This is a unique position to build on your current skills and prepare for future opportunities to lead an annual giving program that currently raises over $1.5 million annually through gifts from annual donors (including many of our senior living community residents), corporate sponsors and events, and institutional funders.
- Collaborate on overall strategy, planning, program management, and evaluation. Help create long-term and annual donor revenue goals as well as develop the annual plan. Create activities and a timeline to meet goals, track progress, evaluate effectiveness and adapt fundraising tactics and activities as needed.
- Execute our individual and institutional giving program. Plan, coordinate, drive, and execute annual individual giving campaigns. Work closely with the Executive Director and the Board to identify new audiences to expand our annual giving reach.
- Grow revenues from institutional supporters and events. Build on our seven years of successful event fundraising, managing an annual golf tournament with live auction and an annual food & wine event, both enthusiastically which have been increasing in support and revenue. Work closely with our Community Services program team to direct efforts to secure funding from foundations to support its services to seniors.
- Develop compelling content about our work. In partnership with Covia’s Communications and Executive teams, help develop compelling stories and articles for the Foundation newsletter and help expand our digital and social presence.
- Expand and diversify our donor base. Together with the Executive Director and the Board, help leverage Covia’s new brand identity and expand beyond our current donor circles through innovative outreach and engagement, specifically developing donor relationships and staff key volunteer committees to support donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Ensure excellent donor data tracking, donation processing, and recognition. Work closely with the Development Associate to ensure timely tailored gift acknowledgements, maintain the integrity and quality of donor data, and ensure data analysis and reporting to inform data-driven planning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates experience with a full range of development and communication activities, including fundraising, event planning, grant writing, and feature writing
- An engaging communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- A self-starter who works well with others, able to work effectively in a diverse workplace and demonstrate high performance and accountability.
- Resourceful and innovative: bringing an optimistic, can-do, hands-on approach to achieving the most possible with the resources available and responding flexibly as opportunities and events arise.
- Solid website/social media management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and take initiative, as well as work independently and effectively across teams
- Advanced proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Office
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in multi-faceted donor development.
- Strong facility with details and data, with solid technology and analytic skills.
- A skilled team player with a record of significant measurable results in organizing and implementing a full range of fund development activities including annual fund, institutional giving, and special events.
- NOTE: Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications.
Great benefits at Covia! This is a career growth opportunity to be mentored by Executive Director of Covia Foundation. We are two blocks from Walnut Creek BART! Benefits include 9 Holidays, 16 days PTO, excellent healthcare benefits, dental, vision, 403(b) with match, FSA, EAP, pet insurance, gym discounts, great office spirit and and goody days!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications.Writing and communication skills are keys for success in this role.