Habitat seeking Program Assistant for Home Preservation
- Job posted by Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley is seeking a Program Assistant for its Home Preservation Program.
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the activities of the Home Preservation team which includes client intake, procurement, preparing, processing and tracking subcontracts for construction trades, and other related work.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Serve as main point of contact for applicants and clients before, during, and after services are completed on their homes
- Manage a pool of data entry and intake screening volunteers
- Receive and review applications from potential clients, field calls and disseminate information
- Ensure client intake and communication is timely, accurate, and appropriate
- Maintain Salesforce database of applicant, client and project information along with electronic and paper files
- Receive purchase requests from Superintendent and Inspectors, place orders from Preferred Vendors, input and track in Salesforce
- Work with finance to execute purchase orders as necessary
- Track deliveries
- Maintain lists of preferred vendors and subcontractors
- Assist finance and field staff to ensure proper coding of all receipts and invoices
- Prepare bid packages for subcontracts
- Issue and track bidding process for subcontracts as necessary
- Provide information to Finance for entering subcontracts into accounting software and track approval process
- Generate and track subcontracts, issue change orders, code and submit invoices
- Generate and process all change orders
- Coordinate Contractor Eligibility verification
- Work with applicants to schedule site visits and collect project paperwork as necessary
- Assist Program Manager in maintaining database integrity
- Maintain construction staff training schedule (CPR/1st Aid, OSHA, etc)
- Working with Operations, track construction rolling stock, including registration, insurance, and maintenance records
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We revitalize neighborhoods, build affordable and sustainable housing solutions, and empower families through successful homeownership. Since 1986, we have partnered with volunteers, the community, and qualified families with limited incomes to strengthen communities in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties.
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, matching 403(b) plan and generous leave time
Level of Language Proficiency
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to the HEBSV mission to build low‐cost housing.
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to communicate clearly with vulnerable populations
- Have a temperament that is suitable for the environment of a non‐profit organization and the ability to create a work environment that is positive, productive and inclusive
- Familiarity with database software such as Salesforce useful but not required
- Basic knowledge of residential construction useful but not required
Working Environment/Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Primary work will be performed at the Oakland office.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit both cover letter and resume to HR@Habitatebsv.org.