Details: Commensurate with experience
215 Park Avenue South
The Access Challenge seeks an experienced, non-profit accountant/ controller to assume leadership over finance related, day-to-day activity, on a part-time basis (approximately 8 hours a week).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Accounting: Ensure accurate and timely reporting of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, including all journal entries for payroll and allocations into QuickBooks Online
· HR: Oversee timesheet submittal; review payroll for accuracy and input pay changes; maintain employee handbook; administer annual reviews with CEO; facilitate staff meetings; submit monthly payroll to Gusto for processing.
· Grants Management: Coordinate with program staff to prepare grant budgets; track line-item grant expenditures to ensure compliance; prepare and submit grant reports as needed
· Budget Management: Track departmental and organizational budget expenditures, prepare cash forecasts, analyze and report budget to actual variances
· Financial Reports: Conduct monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close, including functional allocations and grant revenue recognition; prepare financial reports for executive leadership and board.
· Banking: Prepare all bank and credit card reconciliations; record necessary reconciliation entries
· Reporting: Liaise with external auditor; Maintain annual charitable registration filings; Submit specific grant reports.
The Accountant/ Controller will report directly to the CEO.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· CPA preferred but not required
· 5+ years of experience in nonprofit financial managements, and a controller-level professional skillset
· An in-depth understanding of grants management
· Strong proficiency in QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
· Strong financial reporting and analysis skills
· Willingness to directly perform both high and low level duties, enjoy wearing multiple hats and working in a small team
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet competing demands
· Excellent oral and written skills
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required