Grace Institute of New York (GINY) is seeking a candidate that has the ability to work in a team, think strategically and creatively, and to lead engagement with participants and services for a large alumnae base. The Participant and Alumnae Engagement Coordinator is responsible for providing ongoing support to the Grace Institute participants and graduates, and for growing a strong Alumnae body. The Participant and Alumnae Engagement Coordinator will collaborate closely with the Sr. Director of Employment Services to make sure that our participants are benefiting from their internship, understanding the expectations the various phases of the program as it relates to employment and that alumnae are receiving professional development opportunities to maintain and enhance their skills as well as secure employment.
RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to)
- Demonstrate leadership skills and collaborate with the Senior Director, determine the professional development needs of the Alumnae Services Department
- Communicate and foster a strong relationship with and amongst participants and alumnae
- Develop needs assessment
- Identify and develop potential facilitator and employer partnership for creative solutions, network building and employment opportunities
- Lead the post 90 Days plan process
- Develop and manage the Alumnae Advisory Board
- Maintain active knowledge of Grace Institute’s training curriculum
- Develop 1 to 2 skills development events per month and 1 big professional/networking event quarterly with a minimum of 20 attendees-- events will require day and evening hours
- Collaborate with the Participant Engagement department for Professional Seminar and Coaching
- Identify and communicate with alumnae regarding their participation in hiring recruitment and professional development events
- Conduct post follow-up of evaluation of events and workshops to determine effectiveness
- Maintain regular contact with alumnae for up to two years to provide support and secure employment verification and/or milestones verification
- Utilize social media as an outreach and engagement tool
- Manage Alumnae Facebook Page- post job opportunities, relevant news and information and reply to inquiries. Minimum once per week
- Refer alums to partners regarding professional attire, haircuts, and career coaching.
- Interview, train and evaluate program interns for each GINY cohort
- Responsible for the successful execution of the internship process for enrolled participants each cohort
- Conduct outreach to ongoing and potential employer partners to identify and secure internship opportunities relevant to GINY training
- Follow up with employers to secure contract and task description
- Orient employers and participants on internship requirements and expected outcomes
- Conduct biweekly phone or email check-ins with internship site and address concerns or intervention as needed
- Assist the Participant Engagement department with the collection of timesheets
- Maintain internship data in Salesforce and spreadsheets
- Outreach employed alums by phone/email regarding initial placement data
- Follow up with employers and/or employed alums at each achieved milestone (1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year)
- Document, maintain, and analyze placement and retention data in Salesforce
- Ensure that department’s data is updated and outcomes are met
- Develop and maintain weekly and monthly performance reports
- Refer Alums to Employment Specialist for open positions and initial job placement assistance
- Provide alums with metrocards for interviews and first two weeks of employment; gift cards for milestones achieved through full-time employment
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and using a strengths-based approach, which focuses on strengths, abilities and potential, rather than problems, vulnerabilities and deficits, of individuals, their families and their communities.
- Help create and maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and learning environment, and commit to principles against racism and combating gender inequality.
- Assist in developing procedures and manuals for alumnae services
- Consistently exhibit Grace Core values during the performance of job.
- Attend staff training and meetings as required
- Associate degree in relevant field; BA preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent professional presentation and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience in networking, developing, coordinating and scheduling workshops or events
- Strong critical thinking, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnic, cultural and socially diverse participant population with a strong interest in social justice.
- Technologically adept in Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, and social media platforms
- Ability to maintain discretion regarding sensitive issues and confidential information
- Schedule flexibility to support participants, job seekers and employed alums