California Domestic Workers Coalition (CDWC) Program Assistant
- Job posted by Mujeres Unidas y Activas
Details: Annual salary depending on experience
The California Domestic Workers Coalition (CDWC) is a fiscally sponsored project by Mujeres Unidas y Activas. It is a coalition of grassroots domestic worker organizations and their supporters from the labor, faith, domestic employer, women and other grassroots communities, who are working to advance the rights of domestic workers. Domestic workers make all other work possible. They are the housecleaners, nannies, caregivers, cooks, and gardeners who care for our loved ones and our homes. In California, there are approximately 300,000 domestic workers. An estimated 2 million households hire workers to support their everyday lives – yet domestic work is too often undervalued and invisibilized. We have come together as a statewide network to build the leadership and political power of domestic workers and to ensure that statewide laws and agencies protect domestic workers from abuse. Finally, we work to inspire all Californians to uphold the dignity of domestic workers inside and outside of our homes.
The CDWC is hiring a Program Assistant!
- Manage Vendors, Invoices, subcontractors and reimbursement requests of the coalition
- Purchasing coalition materials and manage inventory and distribution of Coalition materials (t-shirts, buttons, Know Your Rights booklets, bags)
- Offer direct support and communication to steering committee organizations and members
- Document translation, as needed
- Support administrative needs from other staff team as needed
- Liaison with fiscal sponsor, Mujeres Unidas y Activas, and share relevant information as needed.
- Support with communication with CDWC Directors including setting meetings, agendas, and logistics during meetings ie Directors Circle
- Provide Director support with submission of reimbursements and credits cards expenses
- Maximize Director’s time with communications, and commitments including the maintenance of its electronic calendar, scheduling and confirmation meetings, internal and external calls.
- Collect key data about the people participating in the meeting, give a summary of the objectives of the meeting, unite materials to be reviewed beforehand
- Capture and enter data from key contacts that the Director has obtained into the CDWC database
- Prepare necessary background and information, with the staff and prep needed to prepare agendas for staff meetings
- Support scheduling meetings with elected officials and other stakeholders.
- Tracking status of support/opposition from legislators.
- Preparing lobbying packets and legislative background materials
- Coordinate thank you’s to legislative offices for meetings.
- Work with coalition staff to support statewide logistics (including transportation, food, materials purchases, rentals, translation, turnout tracking, email communication & reminders, vendor management etc.) for all Coalition mobilizations, meetings and steering committee activities.
It includes an extensive benefit package, including health plan, dental plan, accident and life insurance, as well as support to cover commute costs and medical co-pays and employer contributions to a 401k plan after the first year of service. Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual; excellent oral communication in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required