Details: Competitive; commensurate with experience
545 Fifth Avenue
The Jewish Foundation for Education of Women (JFEW), with offices located in midtown Manhattan, seeks candidates for the newly created, part-time position of Communications Manager. The Manager will be responsible for implementing JFEW’s new Communications Plan, created to: 1) raise the profile of the Foundation as a leader in supporting college completion and economic mobility for low-income women in New York, and 2) build a greater sense of community among JFEW Scholars and Alumnae.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for: further enhancing and executing JFEW’s social media strategy, including creating content and posting across several platforms; writing content for JFEW’s website and mailings; interviewing JFEW’s current Scholars and Alumnae, to build features around their experiences; developing JFEW’s photo archive; overseeing collection and tracking of contact information for JFEW’s Alumnae; helping to build a virtual professional network among JFEW Scholars and Alumnae; supporting logistics for two annual Alumnae gatherings; and other duties as needed.
- BA degree and minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a communications role.
- Dedication to issues central to JFEW’s mission, including women’s advancement, economic mobility and diversity in higher education.
- Outstanding writing, copyediting and speaking skills, with a fine eye for detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet frequent deadlines.
- Supreme ease and creativity with social media and digital engagement.
- Collegial and team-oriented approach to office environment.
- Self-motivated and independent nature; disposition to problem solve and find solutions to challenges.
- Inclination to improve processes and seek out new ways of handling communications operations.
18 hours/week; two - three days/week in office; days flexible.
JFEW is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
The Jewish Foundation for Education of Women (JFEW) is dedicated to helping New York women of all backgrounds attain a college degree and achieve economic mobility. We do this through strategic partnerships with public and private universities and community-based nonprofits to provide scholarships, peer networks, dedicated advising, and professional development opportunities. Learn more at jfew.org.
This position includes all legally required benefits; it does not include health or retirement benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Fluent Reading, Writing, Speaking
Minimum Education Required