425 Lafayette Street
Position available from September 2018 through late April 2019 for an experienced Company Manager for the Public Theater’s Under The Radar Festival and other projects as needed. Company Manager will report to Senior Company Manager and be part of the General Management department.
o Fulfill artist travel. Including but not limited to:
o Work with Travel Agent to arrange long distance travel
o Arrange transportation from airport or travel station
o Arrange local travel as necessary during the festival
o Meet artists at the airport or arrange an appropriate staff liaison
· Stay informed about the travel and visa needs for all Festival artists
· Oversee artist housing and facilitate communication with our hotel partners
· Provide artist hospitality, including delivery of festival gifts to artists
· Serve as concierge for guest artists
· Facilitate appropriate security access for artists with Operations department prior to and during the festival
· Work with the House Seats Coordinator(s) to facilitate house seats for artists, staff, and presenters as needed through UTR and various departments
· Manage artist ticket holds for performances in coordination with UTR festival team
· Ensure guest artists feel welcomed and part of the festival and of the Public Theater
· Coordinate the Meet & Greet event for the Festival artists and staff
· Attend Production, Show Team, and other related meetings with artists and staff
· Work with the GM Associate on the day to day operations and management of the Under the Radar Festival
· Handle payroll and der diem allotments during the festival
· Process purchase orders through Accounts Payable for GM/UTR expenses
· Cover the Box Office during the festival to handle artist ticketing concerns
· Assist with technical rehearsal coverage
· Perform additional duties as needed
· Flexibility and ability to work well under pressure is a must
· Nights and weekends required as well as work during December holidays
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, Attn: Rebecca Sherman.
Minimum Education Required