This position is responsible for the development and operations of IIE’s Business Systems department, including the systems that service both internal users and program participants and sponsors. This role will oversee and manage staff across various teams, providing leadership, development, and mentoring for staff members. The position is also responsible for managing the design, development, support and decommissioning of solutions as needed for all IIE business systems and overseeing all vendors delivering business systems solutions to IIE. The position identifies business needs and envisages business solutions across IIE, championing the use of technology to align and achieve business objectives. In addition, the position participates in the strategic planning and governance of technology used to solve organizational objective
• Orchestrates the management of the overall system solution architecture. Approves and oversees procedures for all systems management activities, fostering consistency, adoption of best practices and continual improvement.
• Establishes and assigns departmental goals to team members and evaluates their performance. Is responsible for coaching, mentoring, and developing career paths for direct reports. Approves all HR actions for team members including staffing, pay changes, performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
• Recommends items for inclusion in the department’s annual operating budget, including in-production systems. Monitors and keeps departmental expenditures within approved budget. Notifies Group leader in advance of budget variances.
• Develops business system solution recommendations, establishing recommended prioritization and road-mapping for system projects. Facilitates and monitors decision-making structure and is responsible for feedback processes.
• Oversees and manages all business systems vendor contracts and delivery of services to IIE. Ensures that vendors meet all service obligations, conducts necessary procurements, and holds vendors to account for contractual commitments.
• Liaises with heads of functional units to champion the vision and strategy of technology solutions, and to align systems strategy with business strategy.
Education and Work Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
• Requires at least ten years of related work experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated progressive experience in leading large scale projects to successful implementation.
• PMP Certification or equivalent experience preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of solution design, software development techniques, and understanding of and experience with enterprise business application platforms.
• Experience with analytics and data visualization tools strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in the strategic use of technology to innovate business delivery.
• Proven experience with business and technical requirements analyses, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This position is responsible for the development and operations of IIE’s Business Systems department, including the systems that service both internal users and program participants and sponsors. This role will oversee…