Details: Competitive annual salary depending on relevant work experience, education, and other factors.
35 Redden Avenue
Higher Edge leads low-income and first-generation students in the New London and Willimantic areas to and through college.
Higher Edge is seeking a creative Executive Director who is passionate, organized, and dedicated to supporting young people and guiding them on the path to achieving their higher educational goals. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a leadership opportunity in our New London office.
The Executive Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the organization and is responsible for planning and executing individual and group advising sessions related to the college search, application, and financial aid processes for college-bound high school seniors in New London and Willimantic by:
- Managing a team of 5-7 employees, and coordinating all hiring and personnel processes;
- Serving as the principal thought leader on internal and external best practices in college access, persistence, and completion.
- Primary driver of cultivating and securing funding to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization and build upon the existing funding secured to date.
- Building and maintaining relationships with colleges and universities to create partnerships benefiting both the school and students.
- Measuring weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual results of staff/student benchmarks.
- Identifying and/or leading professional development opportunities for staff.
- Overseeing the continued successful use and optimization of existing college completion platform: CoPilot (Salesforce based).
- Developing the organization’s internal infrastructure to ensure Higher Edge functions efficiently and effectively.
The successful candidate must have the tenacity and vision to continue to build this young non-profit organization that has taken off within the last seven years, and must, at a minimum have:
- Interest in providing college completion services to youth from low-income families and students who would be first-generation college students.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- At least seven years of increasingly responsible experience in organizational administration/management, preferably in an educational, school, or non-profit setting, at least five of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to develop and implement long-range strategy which achieves Higher Edge’s mission, making constant and timely progress.
- Strong leadership ability in developing program, organizational and financial plans, including annual budget, with the Board and staff, and ability to carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board within budget guidelines.
- Working knowledge of, or ability to develop a working knowledge of, college access and completion programs, as well as significant developments and trends in the field.
- Overall presence and demeanor conducive to representing the program and philosophy of the organization to agencies, organizations and the general public, and ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships and cooperative agreements with community groups and organizations.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates diverse staff of high quality people, as well as the ability to handle recruitment, employment, and management of all personnel, including interns.
- Demonstrated success in areas of non-profit fundraising and grant administration, including individual giving, donor cultivation, grant writing, and grant reporting.
- A valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
- Satisfactory criminal background check, drug testing and driving record checks required prior to employment.
Higher Edge offers its employees benefits such as health insurance, matching Simple IRA, and generous PTO.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual skills in Spanish or Creole preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume, qualifications, and thoughtful cover letter explaining what motivates you to lead a college completion organization, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Higher Edge, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.