Details: Competitive Salary
1444 I Street NW
Join a thought provoking and innovative leader within the Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) industry. Partners for the Common Good (PCG), a Washington, DC based community development loan fund, is seeking an Accounting and Associate.
Founded in 2000, PCG’s mission is to advance economic justice and opportunity for low-income people and communities. We do this by partnering with CDFIs and socially motivated investors across the United States to serve borrowers that promote affordable housing, neighborhood revitalization, and healthy communities through support of education, community health centers, human service providers, day care and others.
PCG founded the CDFI industry’s first wholesale loan participation network that today has partnered with nearly 50 CDFIs in Washington, DC and 36 states, originated $78 million in participation transactions, and developed a five-year strategic plan with an objective of growing its portfolio to $50 million.
PCG also participates as a community development entity (CDE) allocating New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC). PCG received $50 million in NMTC allocations and to date has closed five (5) transactions for a total of $29.5 million in allocations.
The Accounting Associate reports to the Chief Accounting and Administrative Officer, and is responsible for assisting with the financial management and general administration functions of the office. Position is full-time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input, review, and post accounting entries into the accounting system (Abila MIP Fund Accounting)
- Process vendor invoices, bills, and employee expense reports
- Process investor payments and interest payments on investor CDNs
- Prepare borrower check and wire payments for entry into the Portfol loan servicing software by Loan Servicing and Compliance Associate
- Verify borrower check and wire payments in the Abila MIP Fund Accounting system
- Process other bank deposits
- Maintain records on all financial transactions
- Maintain portfolio reconciliations of the loans outstanding and loan loss reserve
- Manage investor maturities, renewals, and interest donation campaigns
- Assist in preparation of documentation and materials for annual audit
- Assist in coordination of day-to-day office administrative functions
- Assist with duties related to Human Resources management
- Support Chief Accounting and Administrative Officer on special projects
- Other tasks as required
This is an entry level position, perfect for a recent college graduate. An Accounting degree is preferred, but not required. The position requires an interest in accounting, bookkeeping, and office administration. It also requires an individual who can manage multiple tasks at a time, pays attention to detail and can meet deadlines. Independence, interpersonal skills and flexibility are a plus. Basic computer and research skills along with knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Familiarity with contact management databases, such as Salesforce, is a plus. Familiarity with non-profit accounting, generally accepted accounting principles, and accounting systems preferred, but not required.
PCG offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a pleasant, challenging work environment. PCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about our organization and to apply for this position, please visit our website, and submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain what attracts you to PCG's mission and this position.