2101 L St., NW
The Director of Market Development works to improve USGBC’s market position and achieve financial growth. This position is highly focused on identifying and nurturing opportunities for expansion, while simultaneously supporting and growing relationships with existing partners, members, event sponsors, and allied organizations. The Director will negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and trends.
- Engage in market development activities in assigned territory, holding accountability for revenue targets, strategic growth, and market deployment of existing or new USGBC programs. This includes engaging national membership account relationships for market development purposes.
- Identify, research, and prospect targets to discover additional business opportunities and transition to sales opportunities
- Keep current on market trends and provide data-driven market intelligence in order to identify and develop robust programs and business models that establish USGBC as a leading voice and innovator in our market, while attracting new members and supporters to the organization’s work.
- Develop a market development plan and budget aligned with 5-year strategic market/product, sector, and regional growth plans. This includes annual budget and managing oversight of expenses.
- Build upon the strong individual and corporate partnerships that already exist and serve as the primary focal point to stakeholders in your market
- Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and business and community leaders for each expansion area.
Level of Language Proficiency
Education & training requirements/preferences
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- LEED Green Associate designation, LEED AP with specialty preferred.
- 10+ years of proven business/market development experience
· Preferred familiarity with the LEED rating system or green building practices.
Other required skills and qualifications
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to be creative and visionary, yet also be a pragmatic, hands-on business leader and manager who can build the organization’s resources and brand in order to achieve those larger ambitions.
- Experience creating and implementing revenue generation strategies.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Natural relationship builder with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines, including both corporate and community partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Commitment to USGBC mission
- Strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills, team player
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekends
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
Note the title of the position you are applying for.
Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
No phone calls, please.