Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is seeking a Preventive Supervisor who under the supervision of the Site Administrator will be responsible for the direct supervision of Case Planners. They are also responsible for ensuring that case management and the provision of mandated preventive services are in accordance with Administration for Children’s Services standards.
- Ensure the Case Records are reviewed on a bi-weekly basis.
- Enter/Review PROMIS and CONNECTIONS data in accordance with established timeframes, policies and procedures.
- Ensure continuous coverage of caseloads in the event assigned Case Planner(s) is out of work for vacation, medical leave, maternity leave, etc.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and tracking of program outcomes.
- Provide at least one (1) hour of structured supervision once per week to supervisees.
- Work one (1) scheduled late night per week (or more if required to have program run efficiently).
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Assess staff development to provide support to staff. Identify training and development opportunities. Proven ability to motivate and guide staff
- Complete annual employee appraisals
- Ensure compliance of all agency and ACS policy and procedures.
- Attend meetings, trainings and community outreach efforts as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- MSW highly desired or related field education required
- Knowledge of child welfare and understanding of systemic approaches for the supervision of staff.
- Possess strong oral, written and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines consistently while managing multiple priorities
- Must have effective negotiation skills to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to maximize development opportunities for staff while providing timely and effective feedback to address any type of performance issues in order to improve staff morale and skills
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure always maintaining the utmost level of professionalism
- Knowledge of Connections and PROMIS and strong computer skills that includes proficiency in Word, Outlook and other Microsoft computer applications
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click on the link to apply.