116 East 27th Street
Resetting the Table seeks an experienced communications professional to develop and execute strategic communications for our next phase of expansion. We are looking for an exceptional communicator with a passion for bridge-building who loves to tell stories in a compelling and visually appealing way for a variety of audiences. Success in this role includes partnering with our team to generate outstanding social media engagement, newsletters, publications, presentations, web pages, and more. The successful person will also work to craft and communicate our story to journalists and other thought leaders. This position reports directly to Resetting the Table’s Co-Executive Director.
Location: New York City or Berkeley, CA
- Develop and implement visual and communications strategy to tell Resetting the Table’s story and to further organizational goals, activities, and impact
- Curate, oversee, and produce content for distribution across multiple platforms to articulate RTT’s vision and highlight our accomplishments, including managing images, video and text for web pages, newsletters, and educational and marketing materials
- Expand and maintain Resetting the Table’s online presence, including generating creative social media content that increases engagement with RTT programs among a wide variety of audiences
- Coordinate and supervise activities of communications consultants, including web developers and graphic designers; identify and recruit additional consultants as needed
- Manage and expand RTT’s visual content library, including high-quality photos, graphics, and video content, for use across a variety of platforms
- Establish productive working relationships with reporters and bloggers to advance mission, including coverage of relevant issues, RTT partners, and RTT programs. Drive and support interviews, op-eds, and other media engagements. Develop written materials, including story pitches and press releases
Who are you?
- You have 4+ years of relevant work experience in communications or the equivalent
- You are mission driven and passionate about healthy communication across political divides
- You are a writer and a storyteller. You have a gift for connecting with audiences through exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are experienced at translating complex concepts into clear and compelling content
- You are comfortable writing across mediums and modalities, as comfortable on social media as you are with creating more traditional marketing materials and one-pagers
- You have excellent visual intelligence
- You care about getting things done well and right; you like bringing great work to life through engaging written content and high quality design
- You are a team player, who can both receive direction and lead the way, and an independent worker who can be flexible working off-site and across time zones
- You have some familiarity with the American Jewish community and its relationship to Israel, including a range of organizations and perspectives
- Experience using social media to engage diverse audiences with an organization's accomplishments and day-to-day work. In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Medium, etc.) and how each platform should best be deployed
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and Mailchimp, Photoshop, InDesign, or other image editing and publication software
- Experience creating and editing video and other visual content
- Experience in design and/or video production skills for social media
- Experience in media and public relations
- Experience using data to tell a story for non-technical audiences
*A plus means: it’s entirely possible that you don’t have any of this expertise and are still a great fit. It’s not expected that any single candidate will have background across all of these areas. We’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance coverage, dental, disability, a retirement plan with employer contribution, paid vacation, and an exceptional work environment with caring colleagues.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
Minimum Education Required