Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
24 E Congress Pkwy
Hostelling International Chicago seeks a full time Community Engagement Liaison. This position is a great career opportunity for anyone working in hospitality, volunteer management or nonprofit programming. Good candidates will be experienced travelers, preferably with hostelling experience, who are organized, detail oriented, fun, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
Hostelling International Chicago is a nonprofit hostel located in downtown Chicago at 24 East Congress Parkway and is one of the world’s best hostels. Located in a seven-story structure, the hostel offers 550 beds. Travelers come to the hostel from every corner of the globe. Our mission is “to help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling.”
This position is crucial to achieving a high level of customer satisfaction, engaging current travelers, delivering the mission of HIUSA, and to the overall success of the hostel in Chicago, which is owned and operated by Hostelling International USA.
The Community Engagement Liaison is responsible for meeting the needs of current travelers in the hostel and in Chicago. You will arrange activities that engage and connect travelers to each other, the local community and other travelers. You will manage 50 active volunteers and a contact list of 100 or more volunteers. You will also collaborate with peers throughout the HIUSA network of hostels. The following list of responsibilities is a summary representing the scope of work. A more detailed set of position responsibilities will be provide to applicants selected for in-person interviews. The Community Engagement Liaison position is supervised by the General Manager.
- Produce a weekly schedule of hostel-based programs that include: traveler activities in the hostel, volunteer-led excursions throughout Chicago, and volunteer-led walking tours. Activities are a service of the hostel to travelers that enhance their experience at the hostel and in Chicago.
- Manage the volunteer-staffed Information Desk, which includes the delivery of local information through maps, attraction materials, discounts, bulletin boards, websites, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and local guides produced by staff and volunteers.
- Utilize communication tools, including websites, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, photo-sharing, and storytelling to promote the hostel, its programs, and to engage travelers in a dialog about their experiences.
- Coordinate engagement events including: a) weekly traveler gatherings such as ice cream socials, b) the annual hostel open house for travelers, volunteers and the local community, c) volunteer recognition events and d) staff appreciation and other events as called for by the General Manager.
- Recruit, train and support volunteers and interns interested in working in, for and/or in support of the hostel.
- Evaluate and improve activities to insure high quality experiences.
- Manage attraction partners to secure traveler discounts and opportunities.
- Prepare program reports for activities and submit to management at the end of each month to include attendance information, volunteer participation, and recommendations for future plans. As needed, support the collection and distribution of data by the central office.
- Collaborate with hostel and regional coworkers on team projects, as needed.
- Collaborate with staff peers throughout the HIUSA network of hostels, including sharing of best engagement practices.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a positive, out-going and enthusiastic attitude along with a strong respect for the varied cultural differences among our travelers.
- Strong leadership skills, self-assured and assertive with an ability and willingness to motivate others. Socially engaging and energetic.
- International travel experience, including use of hostels, preferred.
- Preferred education required is completion of an accredited 4-year undergraduate degree.
- Flexible hours and days as needed for traveler activities, hostel events, workshops, volunteer recognition events and supervision of volunteer-led evening and weekend excursions.
- Previous experience delivering and scheduling activities, preferably in a young-adult setting.
- Excellent communication skills, including proficiency with communication tools like company websites, Facebook, blogs, message boards, Twitter, and photo-sharing sites.
- Confidence in working with large numbers of people, with an ability to keep a positive attitude in stressful situations.
- Customer service experience; comfortable and confident dealing with some conflict resolution.
- Supervisory experience and administrative experience are assets.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Google apps and graphic design experience are assets.
- Flexibility to travel out of city or state approximately 5 - 10% of your time annually.
HI Chicago is accepting applications until the position is filled.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Community Engagement Liaison” specified in the subject heading.
To learn more about the hostel and our programs, please visit www.hiusa.org
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Retirement Benefits, etc.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidate must be proficient in the use of English language. Ability to speak and comprehend other languages is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to:
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Engagement Liaison” specified in the subject heading.
or mail to: 24 E. Congress Parkway, Chicago IL 60605
Please note that HI Chicago will conduct a background check of the applicant selected for the position prior to finalizing employment.
Hostelling International USA and Hostelling International Chicago are equal opportunity employers.
For further information about hostelling in Chicago, nationwide and worldwide, visit our websites: hiusa.org/Chicago, and hihostels.com