1155 North State Street
Join the Non-GMO Project as a full-time Social Media & Communications Coordinator and help change the future of our food system. In this position, you will play a critical role in developing and implementing our social media and communications strategies. The Non-GMO Project has thriving communities on the predominant social platforms and we are excited to continue to engage our audience with informed and engaging content. The Social Media & Communications Coordinator may also be involved in providing support with media inquiries, generating content for websites and newsletters, and other communications related duties.
Our perfect fit for this position is a creative and organized thinker who knows how to turn ideas into reality, and then track and report on their success. Not only are you conversant in all forms of social media, but you have demonstrated success refining your strategies on an ongoing basis to achieve the most impact. You are a skilled writer and editor, have the ability to interpret and report on social media metrics, and enjoy developing creative and engaging content.
- Develop and coordinate content for all social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Create and execute a social media strategy plan that meets the organization’s objectives
- Oversee press inquiries, adeptly gather relevant research, coordinate interviews and logistics between Executive Director and members of the media, develop relationships with media contacts and secure coverage via media pitching
- Assist in development of public relations strategies, using analytics and reporting
- Track, analyze and report on social media marketing and media coverageActively monitor and participate in relevant social media conversations
- Stay current with emerging social media and digital trends
- 2+ years’ experience in social media, public relations or digital marketing
- Associate or undergraduate degree in relevant field OR equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated media relations skills
- Experience managing high-profile social media accounts
- Tech Savvy; High comfort level in Adobe Creative Suite with ability to create engaging content for social media
- Experience using social media management and analytics tools.
- Working knowledge of the organic and natural products industry, including familiarity with major brands and organizations is a plus.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who are familiar with the GMO issue and have a sincere interest in helping to protect the future of the North American food supply.
Health, vision, dental, paid holidays, sick days and vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line.
The Non-GMO Project is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including gender, race, ethnicity, veteran status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin.