1147 W Jackson Blvd
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago (HSDC), we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance. Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is home to the premier contemporary dance company in the United States, the largest dance facility in Chicago, and serves the community through youth, education, and community engagement programs, and adaptive dance programs that serve thousands of children across the Chicago area.
We are seeking an experienced fundraising professional to join HSDC’s Development Department as the Associate Director of Development. This full time position is responsible for managing the full suite of individual and institutional giving plans and activities for the institution. They will manage and execute the creation of a comprehensive, data-driven plan to solicit donors at all giving levels and from all constituencies, and will work closely with the Director of Development and the Executive Director on major gift solicitations and the stewardship of major donors. The Associate Director of Development supervises the Individual Giving Manager and the Grants Coordinator.
This is an ideal role for a mid-career professional fundraiser to be the “number two,” supervising all fundraising channels at Chicago’s top contemporary dance company. We welcome applicants with enthusiasm and dedication to growing a successful development team, nurturing donor relationships, and creatively exceeding fundraising goals year after year.
· In collaboration with the Director of Development, structure and implement all fundraising campaigns in order to match or exceed annual budgeted goals. (Current FY fundraising goal: $2.6M)
· Develop and execute a multi-channel strategy to secure donations from current, lapsed and prospective donors, including direct mail solicitations, annual renewals, grants, sponsorships, electronic, telephone, and personal appeals, fundraising event sales, planned giving and endowment gifts, as well as customized major gift solicitations.
· Independently manage a portfolio of donors; maintain an active meeting schedule with current and prospective funders. This includes identifying and cultivating prospects; creating proposals and conducting direct solicitations; defining rights and benefits packages; and creating opportunities for activation and recognition.
· Provide support to the Director of Development, Artistic Director, and Executive Director in tracking the solicitation and cultivation of select major donors and members of the Board of Directors.
· Supervise the Individual Giving Manager in the execution of the individual giving/ annual fund plans, which includes a proposals and appeals calendar and donor engagement plans.
· Supervise the Grants Coordinator in the execution of the institutional giving plans, which includes grants and reports calendar and submissions, site visits, prospecting and stewardship.
· Collaborate with the Manager of Donor Engagement and Development Operations to ensure the execution of a comprehensive and strategic acknowledgment process for all donors.
· Design and execute the creation of a new multi-year giving society based on analysis of current donor data and behavior in order to better engage donors and grow the major gift pipeline.
· Utilize Tessitura (database) and Wealth Engine to track, analyze, and report on appeals, sources, and channels of gifts at all levels. Administer tracking and moves management of the full giving portfolio and create and execute strategies to grow the donor pipeline.
· Prepare materials, attend meetings, and support the work of the Development Committee and the Membership Committee of the Board of Directors.
· Update information within the annual Development budget, including weekly cash flow, and revenue projections.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
· Bachelor’s degree required, MA/ MBA in arts management preferred.
· The ideal candidate will be a seasoned fundraising professional with 5-7 years of professional fundraising experience, with a minimum of two years of direct solicitation experience.
· Applicant should have a proven track record of fundraising achievement.
· Applicant should have a high degree of emotional intelligence and social skill, and demonstrate confidence and professionalism in working directly with VIPs, volunteers, and high level donors.
· Applicant should have supervisory/ management experience and enjoy coaching and supporting a team.
· Proficiency with Tessitura database (or similar) is strongly preferred, including managing plans and solicitations, reporting, and list builder.
· Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (.pdfs only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Please include “Associate Director of Development” in the subject line of your email.
Application deadline: October 26, 2018.