Job Description: Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, widely recognized as one of New York’s premier human services providers, is a 127-year-old settlement house that provides an extensive array of effective and integrated services—social, educational, legal, health, housing, mental health, nutritional and fitness—which significantly improve the lives of 16,000 people in need each year, ages 3 to 103, on the East Side of Manhattan. Our clients include older adults, homeless and formerly homeless adults, children and families, recent immigrants, disabled persons, adult learners and more. For more information on Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, please visit our website at www.lenoxhill.org and check us out on Facebook or Instagram.
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House operates two Older Adult Centers, the Center @ Lenox Hill Neighborhood House and the Senior Center at Saint Peter’s Church, serving adults 60 and older from diverse backgrounds and abilities (from the very active to the very frail) residing in New York City. The Center @ Lenox Hill Neighborhood House provides an incredible array of expansive programming that attracts 500 Older Adults daily while providing a broad range of invaluable public health, case management, fitness and aquatics, health and wellness, arts and culture, education and socialization activities, 350 days per year. The Senior Center at Saint Peter’s Church, the only senior center in East Midtown, attracts 250 Older Adults daily, serving farm-to-table lunch and offers a full schedule of social, legal, health, and unparalleled arts and cultural offerings 5 days a week.
The Assistant Director, Social Services will be an integral member of our Older Adult Centers, joining other administrative staff, social workers, program assistants and numerous volunteers who serve our members each day. Reporting to our Director, who oversees our Older Adult Centers, the Assistant Director, Social Services will have primary responsibility for providing comprehensive social services and case management at our Older Adult Centers.
The Assistant Director, Social Services will:
· Provide social services and case management to older adults on issues related to benefits and entitlements (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, HEAP, Access-A-Ride, Lifeline, EPIC, etc.), housing and economic supports (e.g., eviction prevention, affordable senior housing applications, SCRIE, etc.)
· Manage our social services team, including social workers and graduate level interns
· Conduct member intakes, benefit eligibility screens and mental health assessments
· Facilitate clinical and psychoeducational support groups and workshops
· Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution as needed to resolve member issues and conflicts in an appropriate and person-centered manner
· Ensure timely documentation of all services provided in appropriate databases and systems
· Interface daily with members providing excellent customer service, fielding questions and responding to member needs
· Help facilitate day to day operations of our Older Adult Centers and ensure they are conducted in accordance with our high-performance standards and government regulations
· Collaborate with Lenox Hill Neighborhood House’s staff from many departments as well as with professionals from other community-based organizations to maximize resources for members
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for the role of Assistant Director, Social Services thrives in a highly social and busy community setting and is committed to working with older adults to improve their quality of life. The person should possess the interpersonal skills to work effectively with many diverse backgrounds. The candidate will be compassionate, energetic, organized and self-motivated, and also be creative and thoughtful in the coordination and creation of Social Services programming for older adults.
The Assistant Director, Social Services must be willing and able to work a non-traditional, fast paced, full time schedule that may include evenings and weekends given our extended hours of operation and the needs of our clients. Master’s in Social Work or Counseling and applicable licensure (LMSW/LMHC) required, LCSW and/or SIFI Certification if applicable a plus. Experience working with older adults, healthcare, community-based programs and/or benefits systems. Fluency in Chinese or Spanish is ideal. Competitive compensation and excellent benefits package available.
To Apply: Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
At Lenox Hill Neighborhood House we value respect, integrity, diversity and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Lenox Hill Neighborhood House prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Lenox Hill Neighborhood House conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. The policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between Lenox Hill Neighborhood House and its colleagues
Job Description: Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, widely recognized as one of New York’s premier human services providers, is a 127-year-old settlement house that provides an extensive array of effective and integrated services—social…
Fluency in Chinese or Spanish is ideal.
Fluency in Chinese or Spanish is ideal.
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and list of references to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a…