Since its founding in 2004, GreenLight has worked at the intersection of social innovation and community need. GreenLight is focused on identifying the most urgent barriers to economic mobility for low-income residents in our sites and addressing them by selecting and bringing in the country’s best social innovations that have proven impact. We do this by running a process in our communities that bring together key local leaders to:
- Identify critical needs
- Find and bring into the community innovative, entrepreneurial social programs that can have a significant, measurable impact addressing those needs, and
- Galvanize local support to help programs reach and sustain impact in the new city.
We have run this selection and importation process 22 times in our sites. Collectively, portfolio organizations across our sites are reaching more than 60,000 individuals annually with proven, life-changing programs. This number is growing exponentially as we add new sites and new portfolio organizations across our sites.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit www.greenlightfund.org.
With an expanding network of cities, GreenLight is experiencing an exciting period of organizational growth. A staff-wide strategic planning process has led to planned investments in staffing and internal capacity to respond to current and future organizational needs. This includes the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will join GreenLight Fund’s emerging communications and development team, reporting to the Senior Advisor, External Affairs. This individual will help build and maintain key functions related to marketing and communications to enhance GreenLight Fund’s mission and reach locally through our sites and nationally. The ideal candidate will be comfortable building while executing and will come to our organization with well-rounded experience in marketing and communications.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial, collaborative marketing and communications professional interested in applying their experience to a growing organization creating impact locally and nationally. By assessing and improving GreenLight Fund’s basic communications building blocks and developing content templates and tools to support site-based and national communications strategies, the Marketing and Communications Manager will ensure we continue to build our reputation, strengthen key relationships with investors and community partners, and share our impact with the world. Additionally, this individual will help GreenLight Fund develop a clear and consistent voice in its externally-facing communications and support the development and execution of a thought-leadership strategy.
The ideal candidate will be an organized, well-rounded communications professional, comfortable juggling multiple tasks and responsibilities, culturally competent, and a good manager of both projects and relationships.
Build and maintain basic communications building blocks
- Refresh and manage the GreenLight Fund website, ensuring GreenLight local sites are able to self-service content they need and the website reflects accurate and current information about our work
- Provide oversight for email communications efforts, including tools and templates to facilitate site-level communications
- Assess and refresh GreenLight Fund brand elements, with eye towards utilization within a multi-site network
- Assess and update print and online materials, including photos, used nationally and by sites
- Maintain the communications resource library of how-to documents related to communications and strong examples pulled from site network
- Identify graphic and visual design needs and partners
- Create an editorial and content calendar for organization
Build Basic Content Templates and Tools
- Manage GreenLight Fund’s social media strategy; provide template content for site social media channels
- Produce critical GreenLight Fund national communications, including regular email communications
- Manage media and communications for the launch of new GreenLight Fund local sites
- Refresh communications planning process
- Manage the development and publication of our annual portfolio report
Messaging and Thought Leadership
- Help develop and document key local and national messages, themes, and key concepts to drive our communications materials
- Build story bank of GreenLight Fund’s impact, annual selection cycles, and other program elements to support on-boarding, investor relations, and new site development
- Build bank of visual content to be used by sites for external communications
- Work with sites and national team to develop a thought leadership strategy for GreenLight Fund
- Facilitate media relations at site and national level through press list development, templates, and support
- Help place GreenLight Fund leadership at conferences and in national press
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing and communications in a nonprofit or for-profit setting
- Deep understanding – and ability to articulate – the role equity, inclusion, and diversity plays in our work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills; ability to write quickly and in multiple voices a must
- Experience designing, developing, and managing websites (Wordpress a plus), marketing collateral (graphic design experience a plus, but not required), and email communications
- Proven success at integrating digital marketing across multiple social media platforms; ROI orientation
- Success at hiring and managing vendors in cost-efficient ways with attention to quality
- An understanding and passion around online marketing strategy and tactics
- Ability to create and implement systems to manage large amounts of ever-changing content
- Project management experience: Highly organized, with track record of meeting short- and long-term responsibilities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization
- Outstanding ability to plan, prioritize, and execute with excellent judgment and efficiency
- Flexible, collaborative, committed to excellence, and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong connection to GreenLight Fund’s mission and alignment with GreenLight Fund’s values
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Some travel required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume, a thoughtful cover letter and a writing sample in PDF format, addressed to Sarah Beaulieu, Senior Advisor, External Affairs, at email@example.com
At GreenLight Fund we are committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of our organization. We recognize and appreciate the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org