3002 Fort Hamilton Pkwy
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking an experienced and mission-driven Program Manager to join our High School Team!
This is an ideal position for someone who is excited about the charter movement and has a working background in educational settings.
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a full-time position with a competitive salary, full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with employer match as well as working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Program Manager will help keep the academic and personal success of our students as a core focus, while striving to grow professionally and support a positive school community. The Program Manager will work closely with school leadership, faculty and students and will support the overall needs of the High School Program Office, which serves as a hub for communications and program operations. The Program Manager supervises a Program Coordinator responsible for daily office operations.
As Program Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Develops an annual workplan for the High School Program Office
- Creates project plans for major initiatives and manages both up and laterally on a regular basis to ensure deliverables are met.
- Evaluates program and uses data to drive decision making
- Develops, maintains and follows standard operating procedures aligned with BPCS policies and compliance with NYC & NYS law.
- Maintains a calendar for family facing communications.
- Writes official school letters, creates flyers and drafts email announcements
- Manages communication through platforms including MailChimp, One-Call, PTC Fast and TeacherEase
- Manages a weekly faculty facing newsletter and develops training materials
- Manages a high volume of internals and external communications including the primary phone line and email account for the high school.
- Manages requests for interpretation services and translations into Spanish
- Manages student transportation including student metrocards and busing for trips.
- Maintains a systems for students to request forms and check out computers
- Develops positive relationships with students by facilitating the student ambassador club.
- Serves as a support to Youth Development & Operations team on key initiatives
- Manages billing for student opportunities
- Develops a schedule for reporting. Generates and synthesizes reports.
- Records incoming payments and submits transfers to Finance
- Records per session pay for faculty in timekeeping systems
- Serves as the project lead and manages logistics and communications for photo day, admissions events and advisory conferences; serves as a operations liaison on these projects with PTSO, Treehouse and Faculty/Staff
- Supports all high school events including school assemblies, graduation and awards ceremonies.
- Provides support to resolve operational challenges so that faculty may focus on teaching and learning.
- Maintains inventory and places purchasing requests for the faculty office supply cabinet and testing administration.
- Lead mailings and the distribution of report cards, progress reports, advisory conference materials and faculty memos. Organizes all materials and creates copies.
- Provides general executive support for the Principal and schedules meetings.
- Supervises program coordinator responsible for day to day operations including attendance and teacher coverage
- As part of a new organization, contribute toward the development of standard operating procedures in all areas of influence, and continue to find new ways to improve quality and efficiency
- Assist with other duties as needed, and provide general support of the BPCS mission in whatever way possible
**The critical features of this role are described above but not all encompassing.
For more information about the IB program please visit:BPCS-IB Program
About the Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate based on experience ($55-60k range)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
Level of Language Proficiency
- A minimum of BA/BS
- Experience with and commitment to working with a diverse community of students
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Mac OS
- Strong organization, prioritization skills and project management skills
- Ability to develop and implement strong systems
- Consistent follow-through
- Able to independently advance work towards goals without significant oversight from manager
- Collaborative spirit and a team oriented player
- Spanish proficiency is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Join our Team:
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and the position for which you are applying.
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.