About Core Academy:
Core Academy, powered by The Rogers Foundation, believes all children have the right to reach their full potential and pursue individual success. Our Mission is to strengthen character, build brilliant minds and create brighter futures for our community’s most under-resourced youth.
Originally founded in 1996 as a local affiliate of the national I Have a Dream Foundation, we reorganized in 2014 to become Core Academy and expand support for young people to find their passion, excel in school, and develop character and social skills that support lifelong success. In addition to fostering brilliant minds and futures, we work with partners to coordinate services that strengthen students’ families and households. We also build community by engaging caring adults to serve as mentors and harnessing young people’s power for good through extensive community service.
In the coming years, Core Academy will continue to grow and evolve, welcome a new class of student Scholars, and develop purpose-built community learning center facility.
The Development Director, a newly-created position, is responsible for planning, implementing and managing a comprehensive fundraising department and program that includes: capital and annual giving campaigns; donor identification, stewardship, and solicitation; special events; and, fundraising-related communications and marketing.
Description of Position:
Donor Prospecting, Stewarding, and Soliciting; estimated 45% of job function
- Identify prospective individual, family, and corporate donors, and develop individualized donor plans.
- Establish and steward relationships with prospective and current donors.
- Respectfully secure commitments from new and recurring donors.
Collaborating with and Supporting Executive Director, Outreach Director, and Board of Directors; estimated 25% of job function
- Work with Executive Director and Outreach Director to execute and manage donor plans.
- Work with Outreach Director and other staff to plan and execute successful donor engagement and fundraising events.
- Work with Executive Director to support Board Members to identify, cultivate and solicit donors.
Department and Process Management; estimated 20 % of job function
- Establish and oversee major gifts and planned giving programs.
- Develop and manage annual and capital campaigns, and planned giving program.
- Maintain gift recognition program.
- Oversee database and tracking systems.
- Foster donor-focused culture and processes.
- Work across departments to align fundraising and program needs/opportunities.
- Develop and adhere to annual department budget, and maximize efficiencies.
Communication, Marketing & Outreach, estimated 10% of job function
- Guide and assist in creation and maintenance of fundraising collateral and materials.
- Assist in creating content for communications platforms and tools that support fundraising activities, such as website and newsletters.
Required Qualifications and Qualities:
- Must embrace Core Academy’s Mission and culture. At least five years experience in professional fundraising with demonstrated track record for success, and at least three years in management.
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Successful and efficient when working independently, as well as when working collaboratively.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with computer applications including Apple and Microsoft, and ability to learn and master other computer technology/software programs as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize projects and work on several projects simultaneously; ability
- Motivated and goal-oriented, and efficient and accurate in completing tasks on time.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and escalate issues as needed.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and reasonable.
Preferred Qualifications and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Non-Profit Management, or related.
- Experience in communications or marketing.
- Experience with residents in high-poverty neighborhoods.
- Working knowledge of education and social services best practices, and local landscape.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Core Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide a cover letter and your resume when applying to this posting.