Fugees Family, Inc, is hiring a Columbus, OH-based full-time Development Database Manager.
The Fugees Family operates an independent, community-based middle and high school, Fugees Academy that emphasizes academic and character development of refugee children. Our student body represents 22 different countries, including Burundi, Iraq, African Central Republic, Burma, and Syria. The school is in its eighth year, and is SAIS and SACS accredited. It blends creative teaching with academic fundamentals, interwoven with leadership and character building. The Fugees Academy packs a normal K-8 education into three years of middle school so that students are then ready for a college preparatory curriculum in high school.
The Fugees Academy serves a pressing need that is not currently being met by the traditional public education system – the education of refugee children in an environment where their unique academic challenges are understood. Through small classes, high expectations, and targeted instruction, Fugees Academy empowers the most vulnerable of students–child survivors of war—to become independent thinkers and high-achieving scholars. Working as a team both on and off the field, members of the Fugees Family community strive to support each other while working to achieve individual goals. We believe that this team mind-set nurtures and prepares young adults who will be the next generation of international and community leaders. The core design principles of the school include an extended school day, a low teacher-student-ratio, interactive instruction, a comprehensive tutoring program, a soccer-focused athletic program, and intensive wrap-around support services for students and their families.
The Fugees Academy is the first school in the United States dedicated to refugee education, The Fugees Family is currently in the process of planning to open its second 6-12 community school in Columbus, Ohio in the summer of 2018.
As the Development Database Manager, you’ll be responsible for data integrity, improvement and analysis, as well as donor research, staff training, database and website integration, and payment portal management to maximize fundraising revenue and improve the impact of the organization’s communications and outreach.
- Maintain the overall database integrity and quality, including routine data improvement, data auditing, practice enforcement, security and code value management, systems checks, and database functions
- Import and export data from various sources including manual entry
- Oversee and assist with gift processing, batch entry, donation coding, prepare back-up gift documentation, approve matching and employee contribution campaign gifts, and make adjustments
- Identify, mine, and analyze prospects for fundraising and outreach initiatives
- Manage records and donor relations for monthly donor and other pledge programs
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly reports for accurate reconciliation
- Provide staff training, support, and feedback on data entry and reporting for all database users
- Integrate electronic acknowledgements using CRM systems
- Assist with gift prioritization processing and acknowledgements
- Develop and maintain queries/exports for direct appeals, email campaigns, publications, events, and ad hoc projects
- Track and report on fundraising progress and donor trends
- Assess and implement other technology-based solutions for fundraising, marketing, and communications and providing fundraising related webpages
- Identify opportunities for systems integration for improved data quality, reduced data entry, and increase cross-departmental collaboration
- Update donor wealth screenings and other fundraising-related data
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, computer skills, with great attention to detail
- Interest in working for a youth-centered organization and around young people
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of basic fundraising processes and experience with donor relations preferred. Electronic communications for marketing and sales also highly applicable. Experience with grants management a plus.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising, marketing, or sales environment
- Previous experience successfully managing databases and web-based systems. Experience with donor management software a plus (Virtuous, Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, etc.)
- Experience effectively using data to drive decisions
- Experience with data import/export, queries, and designing and generating reports from a database
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States required
Location: Columbus, Ohio for the 2018-19 school year; on-boarding and training in Clarkston, Georgia
Start Date: March 2018
Benefits and Salary: The Salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000. In addition, a comprehensive health and dental package is included.
A comprehensive health and dental package is included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should review our website www.fugeesfamily.org to ensure his or her professional goals and educational philosophy align with The Fugees Family. Please send your resume and cover letter to CEO, Luma Mufleh, to email@example.com. Be sure to indicate which position you are applying for. Email is the preferred mode of communication – no phone calls please.
The Fugees Family is an equal opportunity employer. Fugees Family is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from those with a refugee/immigrant background, women, and minorities.