Steps to Success is hiring an Assistant Director for its after-school academic enrichment program in Brookline, After Hours University (AHU).
AHU serves approximately 10-20 students in grades 6-8. The program runs 3 days per week on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:40-5:10pm. The Assistant Director will also be paid for an additional hour of prep and/or meeting time per week.
The AHU Assistant Director is a part-time position (5.5 hours/week). Candidates will need to be available for employment starting mid-September 2022 until mid-June 2023.
- Engage students in fun, project-based, academically enriching activities that complement and extend school day learning;
- Foster youth development, positive relationships with peers and adults, and greater school connectedness; and
- Introduce students to the value of higher education and the resources colleges provide, through campus visits and activities with a college partner.
- As a result of having a wider breadth of experience in regards to enrichment activities...
- Students will develop improved engagement in learning.
- Students will develop skill sets beyond those learned during the school day.
- Students will develop better communication skills and relations with their
- Work as a team with AHU Program Director/Group Leader and Steps to Success Director of Programs to plan and develop positive relationships with and among students, establish a clear sense of structure, and a fun, respectful learning atmosphere.
- Assist students with homework completion, and the skills of organization, prioritization, and work quality.
- Assist Program Director/Group Leader in teaching a variety of hands-on project based activities.
- Assist in routines and administrative duties as needed.
- At least 1 year of experience working with young people in a school, camp, after school, or residential setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to youth development. Ability to work with a diverse population and with students of varying levels of academic skill and engagement.
- Flexibility and creativity in relating to students in an after-school setting is essential. Experience with students in middle school age range is important.
- Competitive, hourly pay.
- Additional paid hours for meetings and professional development trainings.
- Supervised by AHU Program Director and STS Director of Programs.