89 5th Avenue
The Tricycle Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review, an independent national quarterly magazine, tricycle.org, and learn.tricycle.org. Tricycle, through both the magazine and digital offerings, provides an expansive portal for the exploration of Buddhist thought and practice.
Tricycle is seeking a Development Manager who will be responsible for the strategy and the implementation of the annual fundraising plan, including systems, infrastructure, donor stewardship, and the digital fundraising program.
• Support an organization-wide culture of philanthropy and appreciation.
• Partner with the Executive Director to establish short-term and long-term development plans, including the fundraising budget, calendar, and benchmarks to measure progress and success.
• Implement a moves-management protocol for all donors and prospects, including multiple touch points for donor engagement.
• Support the Executive Director’s donor portfolio, including setting the annual schedule for calls and meetings, preparation of briefing materials including donor research, preparation of appropriate meeting collaterals, etc.
• In partnership with Board members, develop and support their personal annual fundraising plans.
• Conduct donor and funder prospect research.
• Draft proposals and reports for institutional funders, donors, and prospects.
• Manage/oversee the digital fundraising program.
• Supervise staff responsible for the donor database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the recording, analysis, and reporting functions.
• 3-4 years’ development experience
• Commitment to Tricycle’s mission and ability to articulate the case for support
• Experience with the diverse components of comprehensive fundraising planning and implementation
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including juggling multiple tasks, adapting to shifting priorities, and meeting deadlines
• Experience with events management
• Superior writing and oral communications skills
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Experience with donor databases and other relevant technology; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• Commitment to confidentiality
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development Manager" as the subject line.