District of Columbia
The National Organization for Women (NOW) seeks a full-time Assistant Development Director. This role is based in NOW’s Washington, D.C. office and will report directly to NOW’s President.
NOW is dedicated to intersectional grassroots activism to lead societal change, promote feminist ideals and eliminate discrimination. The organization’s advocacy for women’s equality encompasses six core issues:
- reproductive rights and justice
- ending racism and achieving racial justice
- winning civil and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual (LGBTQIA) people
- ending violence against women
- securing economic justice for all women
- amending the U.S. Constitution to include women’s equality.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategy
- Lead integrated, multi-channel fundraising and marketing program consisting of direct mail, digital fundraising, and telemarketing
- Manage external partnerships, strategize messaging, review and approve copy and art, list plans, project strategies, and final materials
- Oversee development infrastructure and data systems
- Assist President in cultivating, enhancing, and maintaining donor relationships through personal contact and communication
- Secure sponsorships, advertisements, and exhibitors for annual conferences
- Create written donor communications as needed
- Oversee promotion, outreach, and management of planned giving
- Other duties as assigned
- At least seven years of progressively responsible development experience.
- Strong knowledge of principles, ethics, and practices of successful fundraising
- Experience with fundraising databases required
- Proven track record of building and sustaining donor relationships
- Significant expertise in major gifts and digital fundraising highly desired
- Working knowledge of gift planning fundamentals
- Experience with c(4) and c(3) fundraising a plus
- General knowledge and understanding of online fundraising and engagement
- Experience with eCRM platforms such as Salsa, Luminate etc a plus
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Microsoft Office
- Passion for women's rights and intersectional feminism
- Ability to work well with diverse individuals across age, race, socio-economic, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and other lines
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How To Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Assistant Development Director – Your Full Name.” No phone calls please.
NOW is an equal employment opportunity organization and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of sex, race, age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or parenting status, affectional or sexual orientation, or gender identity. NOW actively seeks to maintain a diverse staff.
National NOW Action Center, 1100 H Street NW, Suite 300, Washington, D.C. (one block from Metro Center). This is an in-house, full-time position in our Washington, D.C., office so candidates should be local to D.C. or willing to relocate.