1320 East 7th Street
Anti-Recidivism Coalition is seeking a full-time non-exempt Life Coach. The Life Coach (LC) is responsible for assisting all members in the downtown Los Angeles office attain optimal quality of life. The LC will be part of the member services team and provide support and life skills training for formerly incarcerated members. LC’s are responsible for assessing needs and making appropriate referrals where appropriate. It is a challenging position that requires a self-motivated multi-tasker with a strong case-management and/or residential services provision background. Criminal Justice background is an asset along with passion and commitment to social justice reform.
· Work Experience: Minimum 2 years-experience working as Addictions Counselor or Case Manager. Experience with file maintenance, group documentation, and contract compliance essential.
· Education: GED or High School Diploma required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Background: Preferred minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the re-entry/formerly incarcerated population. Experience in a trauma informed programing and/or conflict resolution ideal. Position requires collaborating with partners, extensive knowledge of community resources with a strong emphasis on higher education, entitlements and services. Ability to problem solve in a restorative justice/supportive capacity.
· Skill Sets: Highly motivated and able to multi-task. Team spirit with trust in coworkers and excellent communication skills. Computer proficiency with experience in Microsoft office required. Experience with case management or treatment focused database preferred. Excellent written/verbal communication skills mandatory with the ability to work on a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· In collaboration with the Program Director and member services team members, work to create a comprehensive plan for each member to include, but not limited to: employment, education, recreation, physical/mental health, spiritual growth, life skills, and/or any other activities to enhance the well-being of the member.
· Case manage members to insure all goals/needs are being met and documented into required database on a weekly basis.
· Help to develop and maintain support groups and activities within the community.
· Document all group activities in database by end of each week.
· Attend all ARC staff meetings, case conferences, organizational gatherings, retreats, and conferences as requested.
· Outreach to members though regular in-person visits, providing a “listening ear” one-on-one and in groups to members in an effort to support positive member growth.
· Coordinate care and interventions with member services team members when members are in need of additional support.
· Provide education, support and referrals if determined to be beyond the scope of the ARC program.
· Coordinate referral to mental health therapist on site.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Must have reliable transportation and current California Driver’s License with valid registration and insurance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, balance, stoop, kneel, and/or crouch. (The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Keyboard data entry required.
Generous vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, health dental and vision coverage along with company paid life insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required