Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
College Possible is a growing nonprofit coaching students from low-income backgrounds to and through college to break the cycle of poverty and empower the next generation of leaders. Our model earns top-of-field results: a 2011 Harvard study found that the program more than doubles a student’s chance of enrolling in a four-year college, and our students are four times more likely to become college graduates than their low-income peers. College Possible has a budget of nearly $20 million, more than 110 full-time employees and more than 270 AmeriCorps and VISTA service members. During the 2017-2018 school year, we will reach an estimated 30,000 students in all 50 states, at more than 90 partner high schools and at more than 350 colleges.
College Possible is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and seeks to build a diverse workforce to create impact in partnership with the communities we serve. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants. For each of its positions, College Possible is mindful about what best serves our students, and seeks to hire staff with relevant experience, skills and aptitude, and a commitment to the power of education.
Headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, College Possible also operates in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Portland, Oregon; Omaha, Nebraska; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Chicago, Illinois. We’re joining forces with colleges to achieve a transformational impact: by 2021, we will partner with 400 colleges to reach 50,000 students.
To learn more, visit CollegePossible.org.
The Senior Marketing Communications Associate will act as WordPress administrator and email specialist, responsible for managing College Possible’s CMS and supporting website product management under the direction of the director of marketing and communications. Collaboration is at the center of how we develop experiences and this role will be engaging in partnerships with marcomm colleagues, senior leadership, communications teams at six remote sites, and AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps VISTA members with varying degrees of technical experience and proficiency. This highly visible position will challenge and grow the right candidate’s online marketing, UX and content skills.
Essential Job Functions
Email Marketing: Manage and support our email campaigns (Luminate), assuring thoughtful journeys and reliable delivery of automated emails on behalf of our six sites and our national office. (30%)
· Build campaign workflows, test and assure accuracy of recipient lists and timeframes.
· Manage customer lists and perform segmentation and analysis.
· Contribute to strategic development of new campaigns and journeys, offering suggestions and insights to improve effectiveness of automated marketing.
· Create, maintain and manage internal email campaigns.
Web Enhancements & User Experience: Leverage your knowledge of modern UX, website design and SEO best practices to help shape & craft website enhancements. (20%)
· Brainstorm website design and functionality concepts with your peers and contribute in conceptual development in a highly collaborative environment.
· Research and present competitive and state-of-the-art practices in website design and functionality including representing data-driven descriptions of user expectations and needs.
· Act as key liaison with website and email vendors.
· Present plans and results to large and small groups.
CMS: Take primary ownership of content updates and changes. Your key role will support and guide diverse sites and colleagues to assure their web content is on brand, consistent with content strategy and adheres to on-page SEO standards. (20%)
· Translate requests into clear plans and priorities, coordinate enhancements, and communicate release features and schedules. Work closely with marcomm colleagues and internal clients to coordinate content that reflects key objectives, enhances branding and improves visitor experience.
· Make strategic contributions to enable the organization to effectively empower site staff to contribute to content creation and management.
· Stay current with trends in digital design and development, regularly reviewing processes and make recommendations to improve effectiveness.
· Participate in integrated marketing strategies that deliver unified tactics and communications tactics.
· Train site staff on use and management of their web pages or sites.
Intranet: Take primary ownership of content updates and changes to College Possible’s Intranet. (20%)
· Update profiles for new employees and AmeriCorps members.
· Train employees and AmeriCorps members of usage.
· Work closely with marcomm colleagues and internal clients to coordinate content that reflects key HR objectives.
Execute other duties as assigned. (10%)
Professional Requirements (Skills & Qualifications)
In addition to the requirements below, College Possible staff and service members are expected to demonstrate the Idealistic Leader traits – Strive to be Delightful, Energize those in your Presence, Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, Challenge Cynicism, Practice Empathy, Learn to be Grateful and Have Fun – as expressed in our organizational value statement, and have a significant commitment to the mission of helping low-income students earn admission to college and persist toward degree completion.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field required;
Related Work Experience:
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in web, email marketing or digital marketing;
· Experience in fundraising marketing and communications preferred.
· Knowledge and skill pertaining to responsive website design, content and email marketing;
· Proficiency in HTML and CSS;
· Direct experience with CMS and marketing automation platforms (Luminate, Raisers Edge and WordPress preferred);
· Knowledge and skill pertaining to marketing automation with an integrated CRM system preferred;
· Adobe Creative Cloud experience preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
· Content marketing and past writing experience preferred;
· Strong analytical aptitude;
· Must be willing to seek and learn new technical skills;
· Excellent organizational and communication skills;
· Must be willing and able to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits (complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and generous paid time off program).
Excellent benefits (complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and generous paid time off program).
Minimum Education Required