641 Lexington Avenue
The Annual Giving Department is seeking a Senior Annual Giving Officer (SAGO) to join their growing team. The Senior Annual Giving Officer manages a portfolio of DIY fundraisers who raise critical funds for MSK through third-party fundraising initiatives. He/she proactively stewards fundraisers through high-earning fundraising campaigns, providing exceptional support and customer service. He/She is responsible for supporting fundraising program strategy, managing one or more members of the team, and completing assignments and projects under the direction of the Associate Director of Annual Giving.
The Senior Annual Giving Officer is responsible for:
- Proactive Cultivation & Portfolio Strategy – Proactively support Annual Giving DIY fundraisers raising funds to support MSK’s mission through community events, tribute giving, special occasion giving, and online crowdfunding. This includes advising fundraisers on successful fundraising strategy and techniques, proactively communicating the impact of their support, and soliciting outright donations. This also requires professional collaboration with other Development teams within MSK to provide fundraisers with optimal service and support all their philanthropic interests.
- Stewardship Strategy and Special Projects – Work with senior members of the Annual Giving team to drive fundraising program strategy for growth and other duties as assigned by the Director or Associate Director of Annual Giving.
- Management – Manage one or more members of the team, serving as a mentor and ensuring quality of work.
- 4-7 years of fundraising experience (including non-development employment, education, internships, volunteer roles, etc).
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Fluency in MS Office
- Superior communication skills, efficiency while multi-tasking and excellent planning and organizational skills are necessary.
Knowledge of/interest in healthcare or science is preferred.#LI
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Minimum Education Required