- Co-lead a college and job readiness oriented after school program for 11th and 12th grade students
- Meet with co-leaders to plan and evaluate group activities
- Partner with SPHS teachers to co-facilitate in-school, credit-bearing Advisory classes
- Mentor SPHS Juniors & Seniors in one-on-one meetings to address academic goal-setting and assist with transition to higher education
- Data entry and other administrative tasks for afterschool and internship program
- Planning and facilitating special events, including some evenings and Saturdays
- Bachelor’s in Social Work, Education, or equivalent
- Experience with (and passion for) leading activity-based groups of high school students
- Positive energy, flexibility and strengths-based perspective
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire to learn about and work within social group work model
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Chinese/English preferred
In addition, employees need to possess the following characteristics:
· Be team players.
· Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
· Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
· Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
Minimum Education Required