Case Manager Parenting Adolescent Support Services Program (PASS)
- Job posted by Catholic Charities of Chicago
11255 South Michigan Avenue
- Conducts assessments and provides stabilization services to pregnant and/or parenting adolescents in care of the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) who are in transition from shelters to a placement alternative. Conducts home visits in shelters, transitional living programs or group homes. May work evenings and weekends in order to complete job duties.
- Works independently and consistently exercises discretion and sound judgment in the evaluation and assessment of prenatal/postnatal issues as it relates to the well-being of parenting youth and their child as well as the parenting adolescent's interaction with child. Serves as a liaison and advocate for adolescent and aides in adolescent's adjustment to placement.
- Attends all inter/intra agency staffings, DCIPPS and Child and Family Team Meetings.
- Provides guidance and support to the parenting adolescent to assess interaction between adolescent and child(ren) to improve parent/child relationships where warranted using IPAD to record parent/child interactions; observes the adolescent's environment as well.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources and identifies new resources for unmet needs of client. Collaborates with these resources to provide services to the client to ensure the client is able to access the needed services. Tracks and documents referrals.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate client files and databases, as required by agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies.
- Documents service activity which meets internal and funding source requirements.
- Creates well written and effective service plans which appropriately match the needs of clients following the standards and guidelines of the funders, contractors and governmental regulations.
- Maintains accurate statistical and financial information, using approved databases and submits timely reports (quarterly client narrative, New Birth Assessments, Child and Adolescent Needs Assessment, Adult and Adolescent Parenting Inventory and Ages to Stages Questionnaires).
- May accompany co-workers on client visits.
Preferred Requirements: MSW. Three years of child welfare experience or experience working with pregnant/parenting youth.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree. One year of child welfare experience or experience working with pregnant/parenting youth.
Other Requirements: Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required