At Last Mile Health, we do things differently, despite the challenges. Do you have a record of operational innovation in the world’s most complex environments? If so, you may be our next Global Director of Operations.
As the Global Director of Operations reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will lead the strategic direction of Last Mile Health’s (LMH) global operations. This new position will serve as a thought partner and coach to our growing operations teams across LMH geographies and build and innovate on global and fit-for-purpose systems spanning a variety of functional areas.
What You'll Do
- Develop organization-wide policies and processes for transparent procurement and supply chain management aligned with national and international laws and regulations, donor requirements, and industry best-practice
- Lead engagement with global supply chain partners to articulate and design a clear strategy for ensuring supply chain inputs for health workers delivering care at the last mile
- Develop and execute global vision for information technology and management systems that integrates current and future technology needs across a range of LMH functional areas
- Provide expert input and strategic direction into operations team strategic planning, operational planning, and budgeting
- Work alongside the COO to renew commercial insurance policies, goods and services contracts, and handle all infrastructure agreements (leases, titles, deeds)
- Be available to travel up to 15-25%
What You'll Bring
- You are a seasoned global operations professional, with several years of experience in developing and implementing operational strategies and systems in complex global environments and/or low-resource contexts
- You have led the development and implementation of procurement, supply chain management, logistics, and information systems
- Significant project management experience, including development of cross-site, long-term projects and workplans and use of project management systems and technology
- U.S. work authorization
You'll Impress Us If
- You have done this work in the health sector
- You have a MBA, MPP, or MPH
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum Education Required