Senior Planning Assistant, Impact and Performance Assessment & Network Department
- Job posted by UJA-Federation of New York
130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For 100 years, we have inspired New Yorkers to act on their values and invest in their community for the biggest impact. Thanks to our network of nearly 100 beneficiary agencies, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to deliver real solutions to real problems. Through a single gift, you can care for New Yorkers of all backgrounds and for Jews everywhere; connect people to their Jewish identity, and respond to crises around the world.
UJA-Federation’s Jewish Communal Network Commission & Impact Performance & Assessment Department (IPAD) is looking for an energetic and organized person to provide essential administrative support. The planning assistant reports to the managing directors of each department and will receive some of their responsibilities from their task supervisors. The right candidate is able to multitask, take initiative to complete assignments, and is open to a rapidly changing environment. They also have a can-do, proactive attitude about working as part of a team.
- Manage the calendars of both Managing Directors and act as their point of contact for all meetings and communications
- Support staff on donor committee logistics including: room reservations, food and audiovisual needs, email communications, tracking attendance, and the preparation of materials.
- Attend Network Cabinet, Core Allocations Committee, IPAD’s Impact Committee, and various cross-divisional staff and donor meetings to provide day of administrative support and to take minutes.
- Maintenance of departmental systems including FR101 fundraising system; and Resource Scheduler, the internal conference center tool.
- Submit staff expense reports, check requests for speakers and consultants, and check other purchasing requests for rental cars, hotel reservations, floral orders, and order and track office supplies.
- Interface with internal departments such as Information Technology Services, Audio Visual, Conferences & Banquets, Human Resources, the mailroom, and the print shop to complete tasks as assigned by the Managing Director or task supervisor.
- Other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal communication skills & interpersonal skills
- Extremely well-organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable speaking with high-level donors and agency personnel
- Flexibility, discretion, and a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF