1025 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Third Way is seeking an IT Operations Coordinator to provide support for the organization on all IT matters, including maintaining inventory, troubleshooting issues, and providing operations assistance. The IT Operations Coordinator will provide reactive support and proactive maintenance with the goal of optimal system operation and uptime. The IT Operations Coordinator will develop, document, and execute daily operating procedures and recurring processes.
The IT Operations Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager and is expected to invest in the IT operations with integrity, prudence, and skill to meet or exceed the objectives of the organization by providing professional technology support and maintenance.
As the IT Operations Coordinator, a typical day might include...
- Assisting with the day-to-day operations including support ticket triage and effectively creating a highly functional and dependable IT environment for all staff.
- Providing excellent onsite and remote service desk support throughout the organization which may include software management, replacing hardware, and providing assistance for any IT-related problems to ensure optimal uptime of systems and services.
- Maintaining office productivity by troubleshooting and repairing Windows and MacOS workstations, network printers and other equipment within the environment, and partnering with external parties as necessary to further resolve and prevent issues.
- Creating a smooth entry/exit experience for all staff by assisting with IT tasks required for staff onboarding and offboarding (e.g. hardware initialization, workstation setup, user account creation, new hire IT orientation, etc.)
- Managing departmental hardware procurement, service contracts, and software licensing and equipment warranties to maintain excellent records and documentation. Encouraging a secure environment by working to maintain and enforce IT policies governing acceptable use of Third Way's hardware, systems, and services including mobile device management.
- Tracking, documenting and maintaining all service desk requests and utilizing the ticket management system to ensure prompt and effective support as well as adherence to established internal Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ensuring proper system and service functionality through the administration and management of user accounts, user mailboxes, Office 365 accounts, distribution groups, domain passwords, etc.
- Streamlining recurring tasks and ensuring efficiency by following and contributing to the documentation of procedural IT services, maintenance, administration and procurement tasks.
- Providing user training on hardware, systems and services as required to increase IT knowledge within the organization and to mitigate the impact of problematic user behaviors.
- Encouraging the collaborative culture at Third Way by assisting with conference room equipment setup, support and maintenance, and providing critical systems to our colleagues.
- Providing support to the Business Operations team on administrative duties as needed to accomplish team goals that benefit the organization as a whole.
This might be the job for you, if you
- Have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, mathematics, or closely related field; with two years experience in systems administration and service desk support.
- Have an understanding of and interest in emerging trends in technology and their application in an enterprise setting.
- Possess intense curiosity in the "how" and "why" things are the way they are and about ways they can be better.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective interaction with staff including policy professionals, managers, and executive staff.
- Have an understanding of IT Service Desk best practices (i.e. ITIL), IT security and networking principles.
- Demonstrate the ability to write policies, procedures, reports, and system specifications.
- Have experience with computer hardware, Windows OS, Mac OS, web browsers mobile devices, software, and office productivity applications in a Microsoft-centric environment.
- Have a general high-level understanding of network topology, authentication, file repositories, Windows rights, Active Directory and LAN infrastructure.
- Have knowledge of and interest in fundamental cybersecurity best practices.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required