The Program Coordinator provides support for HomeownershipSF’s programs and services which include: First Time Homebuyer Education, Homeowner Education/ Foreclosure Prevention Services, and our annual Housing Expo. Program Coordinator adds capacity to a few different programs. Successful applicants must be able to track multiple tasks and work both independently, and as a team.
- Service Coordination and Event Support: Planning and coordination of public facing workshops and events. May include community outreach, scheduling service providers, vendor communication and other logistics for a variety of public events, such as workshops, housing clinics, and the annual Housing Expo.
- Partner Communication: Coordinate with member organizations and other nonprofit organizations to support regular meetings, training and client referrals.
- Curriculum Development: Create and maintain education materials to promote housing and financial programs and services available for low to moderate income San Francisco residents.
- Data Collection: Record keeping for grant reporting and project development.
- Marketing and Outreach: Assist in the development and distribution of marketing and outreach materials. Lead volunteer outreach campaigns for new programs and ongoing housing services.
- Website and Social Media: Support Communications Coordinator with flyers and content to promote Homeownership SF events, programs and services.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work.
- High school diploma.
- Intermediate computer skills and understanding of Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Familiarity with San Francisco affordable housing programs and/ or financial education services.
- Good written and verbal communication. Fluent in Chinese/Cantonese or Tagalog is preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and follow through with multiple tasks.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred, but not required.
- Creative, practical and strategic problem solving skills.
- Interest and ability to work in diverse collaborations, and provide culturally competent services to many different populations and neighborhoods in San Francisco.
- Willingness to work some evenings and flexible hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and type. Occasionally the employee is required to climb, balance and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Medical, dental benefits and paid vacation time is provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in Chinese/Cantonese, Spanish, Tagalog and/ or Vietnamese is preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required