Details: Salary commensurate with experience
About Global Citizen
Our vision is a world without extreme poverty by 2030. Our mission is to grow the number and effectiveness of Global Citizens to achieve the public, business and political commitment and action to end extreme poverty by 2030.
We are inspired by the incredible progress achieved by the global community in halving the percentage of people living in extreme poverty in the last 30 years. We know that the injustice of living on less than US$1.25 a day can be ended by 2030.
We believe that when an organized, critical mass of individuals in society aspire to the values of Global Citizen (GC), and when they are organized and equipped to take meaningful action, we can change the policies and practices that contribute to keeping people in extreme poverty.
The Senior Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer, is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and works closely with the VP, Finance.
While the exact responsibilities may vary from time to time, the main duties of the Senior Director of Human Resources can be summarized as follows:
- Plan, manage, and coordinate all human resources initiatives including recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, compensation, benefits, training, absence management, and employee relations of an organization
- Ensure policies, procedures, and HR programs are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals, and in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and laws
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices
- Measure employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement
- Advise and coach managers on HR policies and programs including employee relations issues
- Provide guidance on development for managers and their teams
- Lead the performance management process across all offices including bi-annual performance reviews and objective setting
- Maintain a healthy and empowering office culture that promotes open, honest, and productive communication among staff
The Senior Director of Human Resources position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly
- Strong listening skills and ability to anticipate potential problems
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Demonstrates a professional manner
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a commitment to eradicating extreme poverty by 2030
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here with a resume and cover letter submission.