Under the supervision of the Manager of Grants Administration, the Grants Management Associate position will focus on processing Donor Advised Fund grant recommendations and assisting with The Foundation’s annual discretionary grant-making application process. With annual grant-making exceeding $100 million, the ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced and high volume environment with a keen attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
Responsibilities: Daily responsibilities will include:
1. Grant Processing
· Accurately and efficiently, process grant recommendations from submission to disbursement. This includes preparing and coding grants, data entry, research, and due diligence, generating award letters, mailing grants, and maintaining records.
· Ensure grants comply with current IRS charitable giving guidelines and Foundation specific practices.
· Research and collect pertinent documents from grantees and/or external sources.
· Follow up with charities or donors on missing/incomplete information or anomalies, and assist with special handling and unique situations.
· Handle confidential information with complete discretion.
· Assist with identifying issues and improvements to the grant-making process.
· Maintain effective work relationships by handling peer, interdepartmental, and management interactions in a positive, respectful, and collaborative manner.
· Other duties as assigned.
2. Discretionary grant-making process
· Using a diverse array of software platforms, assist in processing grants through their life cycle (from request to grant close). This includes assisting program staff with creating and modifying database records, tracking workflow, preparing check backup, and generating correspondence (award, decline letters).
· Assist program staff with preparation and disbursement of grant agreements and amendments, and the review of requests for deadline extensions and other grant-related changes and updates.
· Communicate with grantees and Foundation accounting staff to ensure proper and timely handling of audit and check replacement requests.
Core Competencies and Qualifications (Required)
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
· Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a grants management function working with an online grants system. Alternatively, a minimum of 2 years of administration support experience in a team-oriented organization committed to excellence.
· Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Mathematical literacy and understanding of basic accounting concepts.
· Professional written and verbal communication skills (in person, via e-mail, and on telephone), and ability to compose effective, thoughtful correspondence.
· Organizational skills, high level of accuracy, and attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands within set deadlines.
· Ability to maintain and respect sensitive, private and confidential information related to grant recommendations, grantees, donors, advisors and The Foundation.
· Excellent customer service skills when interacting externally and internally.
· Ability to work both under supervision, in a team environment, and independently.
Core Competencies and Qualifications (Desired)
· Philanthropic experience, nonprofit interest, and/or grants compliance experience.
· Knowledge of Donor Advised Funds will be beneficial.
· Direct experience with Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, GrantedGE, or other grant-making software a plus.
· An all hands on deck, information sharing, enterprising attitude, with a willingness to learn and grow
This position is based in The Foundation’s Los Angeles office; The Foundation requires documentation of COVID-19 vaccination of all employees
Under the supervision of the Manager of Grants Administration, the Grants Management Associate position will focus on processing Donor Advised Fund grant recommendations and assisting with The Foundation’s annual…