The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD) in our lifetime. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus — thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research worldwide, having funded more than $1 billion in research projects in academic and industry labs worldwide to date. We exist to put ourselves out of business, so we deliberately hold no endowment or excessive reserves, but spend what we raise quickly and efficiently; 88 cents of every dollar spent goes directly to research programs. Today, the Foundation has about 160 full-time employees.
We work aggressively to support the entire Parkinson’s therapeutic development enterprise by de-risking specific therapeutic approaches and developing and distributing fieldwide tools, in order to seed and support a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. Achieving our mission requires that we inspire the engagement of all Parkinson’s stakeholder groups — industry and academic researchers, clinicians, data scientists, policy makers, and most important, people and families living with Parkinson's. In service of this mission, the Marketing & Communications team works to leverage the Foundation’s tremendous research achievements and highly respected brand identity in service of our mission to speed better treatments and a cure for Parkinson’s.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation strongly encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.
As a member of the Foundation’s Marketing Strategy group, the Associate Director of Marketing will develop and manage digital and non-digital marketing and fundraising activities to meet revenue goals for business owners across the Foundation. This will include collaborating with colleagues within the Marcomms team and across the organization to create and implement promotional plans that grow our audience, drive fundraising efforts and inspire prospects and donors to support the Foundation’s mission.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead marketing strategies that drive constituents toward the Foundation’s priority calls-to-action, including revenue and research initiatives, with focus on holistic constituent experiences.
- Leading and developing marketing strategies across Development including: Community Fundraising, Annual Giving and Planned Giving to activate, retain and upgrade donors in support of revenue goals.
o Act as dot-connector between client teams, subject matter experts and the organization’s Project Management Office (PMO) to strategize, operationalize and execute initiatives across the Foundation.
o Make data-driven decisions to manage and track budget across projects.
o Develop and execute marketing plans for major campaigns in the year, including Parkinson’s Awareness Month, Giving Tuesday and Year End, with anticipated year over year revenue and audience growth.
o Contribute to agency management to execute large-scale campaigns, and project manage campaigns with agency involvement.
- Support and lead integrated Marketing strategies for Foundation-wide publications and products, including the Parkinson’s Buddy Network, a new digital platform for the Parkinson’s community.
- Oversee the development and execution of tactical marketing plans, working closely with subject matter experts in Email Automation, Marketing Analytics, Web Development, Communications.
- Co-manage a Marketing Officer who will support two members of the Marketing team – an Associate Director and Director.
- Manage the Search Engine Marketing (SEM) relationship with external agency, manage budget for the account from individual contributors and maintain strategy within the account.
- Partner with fundraising leads to manage the Facebook Fundraisers platform.
- Leverage the existing stack of technology tools across the organization toward smart activations in strategic marketing plans toward business goals, including Optimizely, GoodUnited, Rallybound, Form Builder, Asana and Jira.
- Prepare progress reports and updates, as well as data insights reports for stakeholders.
- Candidates should have 5+ years demonstrated experience in marketing
- Prior management experience
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and communication skills
- Comfort with account management and/or client relationship management
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and building new projects that do not have a clear roadmap
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a timely manner
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building for the Foundation
- Effective decision-making with high level of personal integrity and professionalism
- Experience in media planning and buying a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD) in our lifetime. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media…
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please click on the following link, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions…